More threads by Mike Wilton

Reaction score
So I was spending some time trying to get caught up in Google Reader and came across this post from CrazyEgg: Local SEO Tools | Tools for Local Search Reviewed | The Daily Egg

Normally they post some great stuff about usability and conversion optimization, so when it touched on local I was intrigued. But as I read I was a little concerned. The advice was, use call tracking, just keep it consistent and don't really worry about its impact.

I don't do much of anything with call tracking, so I am curious to hear the rest of your thoughts on this. Is this local suicide, or if you're consistent with your call tracking in citations is it ok? I have always been under the impression that this is setting your business up for some bad juju from the local search Gods. Id' love some feedback from those of you who have used them.

Thanks Colan,

Yes Mike I think all of us in that other thread are with you on this issue!

Thanks Colan,

Yes Mike I think all of us in that other thread are with you on this issue!

I agree and would add this equates to using different websites for the same business. Use one, or in the case of phone numbers list them all. Google likes to penalize people who like to play games (appear to cut corners) don't be that person!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom