Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    62
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Question Citiation question

    Expressupdate.com has a free service that is suppose to update their directory partners when you make a change (right?). They also have a paid service, is this paid service the same as the free service, just faster?

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    That's essentially right: the paid service is supposed to push updates more quickly. And that's only because it's a white-labeled version of Yext - with all the pros and cons thereof.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    I imagine people sign up for 1 month to get their info pushed quickly and then cancel afterwards.

    They must some sort of safeguard? Right?

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big.Joe View Post
    I imagine people sign up for 1 month to get their info pushed quickly and then cancel afterwards.

    They must some sort of safeguard? Right?
    There is. Your listings go unclaimed, in some cases reverting back to having incorrect info.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    62
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Rozek View Post
    That's essentially right: the paid service is supposed to push updates more quickly. And that's only because it's a white-labeled version of Yext - with all the pros and cons thereof.
    Thank you Phil!
    What do you mean by "white-labeled version"?

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Thank you Phil!
    What do you mean by "white-labeled version"?
    Just that what you're buying is Yext, but it has ExpressUpdate's branding, and they split the profits.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    954
    Thanks (Received)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Re: Citiation question

    That makes sense... I had no idea that infogroup was just buying into Yext's program. I thought they were a stand-alone option. So what does the free listing give you? Same benefits?
    My rarely updated website (I should fix that) - https://www.ericrohrback.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Want to talk? Book time with me here

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Citiation question

    Quote Originally Posted by EsR View Post
    That makes sense... I had no idea that infogroup was just buying into Yext's program. I thought they were a stand-alone option. So what does the free listing give you? Same benefits?
    My understanding is that all the paid deal (i.e. the white-labeled Yext) gets you is speed. The free listing just isn't processed as quickly.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie Question
    By erjdavis in forum Google Local 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
  2. H1 Question - Opinions?
    By Chase Billow in forum Local SEO & Ranking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •