More threads by Bishop

Bishop

Reaction score
I changed my business name, but my url still includes my old business name.
Is it possible to change it? Should I contact google places support?

At the moment it is not possible to change or request a different custom url, contacting Support won't help you.

I noticed yesterday that there is an option to edit the "custom" URL in the G+ dash. I haven't tried it out yet, but I assume that's a recently added option?

G+url edit.png

G+url edit.png

It says "display format" and as in the example I think it's just caps, etc.

I mean you could try, but I don't think it would work.

Just found this, on the custom URL help page and I think it's referring to the edit box Colan posted.

If you want to change the capitalization or accents/diacritics of your custom URL, follow these steps:

Go to the "Links" section of your Google+ Profile or Page.
A box will appear allowing you to make edits to the formatting.
Remember, you can only change the capitalization and diacritics of the URL, not the URL itself.

Google is offering me google.com/+CatalysteMarketingSanMarcos. CatalysteMarketing I would think is unique enough they should not have to tack on city. Since I don't want to brand for my little town, I'm skipping it.

Yes, the edit button is so you can change the capitalization or if you have funky foreign language letters.

I think local pages are getting shafted when offered custom urls with the local addendum where company pages are more likely to be offered a custom url without it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom