More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Got a little creativity? Need a new income stream? Already working with Local Businesses?
Already doing video for clients - or WANT to? Want to start an exciting lucrative new local service?

If I had time to start a new side business, this is such a cool idea - I would be ALL OVER IT!

You may have seen those whiteboard videos that show a hand quickly drawing out concepts. I think it's super high impact and could be used really successfully for local business marketing. Below is an example. Then I'll show you how YOU could offer this service, without any needing any artistic talent at all.

THIS IS SO HOT!

Here's a VideoScribe Commercial for a Roofing Company

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Goq9S4zsi6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Do you see how quickly and powerfully one little concept was conveyed, for example? The concept that if you don't spend the $ now to fix your roof it could cost you more in damage to house and furniture, etc? And this video is not even professionally done by a high end creative agency or anything. It was done by a marketing consultant, just like you.

Here's a sample lead gen page for a Roofing Company that shoes how the video above could be incorporated. Olympia Roofing | Roofing Olympia, WA | OlyRoofing.com (NOTE: I think that's a fake company just used as an example for a product they are trying to sell. If you work exclusively with Roofers I think you can buy the video and landing page template for super cheap - BUT that's not the point.)

There are companies out there that produce and sell whiteboard or video scribing videos and they charge THOUSANDS of dollars. And to do a really a high end one with profession voice-over would be expensive to produce. For instance here is the pricing at Ydraw a professional whiteboarding video company. Prices range from $6,000 - 15,000. Here's a little higher end example of a video they did for a law firm for anyone that wants to see a different SMB example. youtu.be/rnH5T9quRNM

But to create short little attention-getting videos for small local businesses does not have to be that extensive OR expensive!

ENTER VIDEOSCRIBE - For $22 you can produce videos like this for an unlimited number of clients.

Here's a demo of how VideoScribe works

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFuAxQGfhoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

A few of the many features:

.:. Full commercial use of images including Pro libraries

.:. Full commercial use of all music & fonts

.:. Resell videos - create commercial full HD output that you can resell without any VideoScribe branding.

Check out VideoScribe here. There is a free 7 day trial, then it's only $22 a month.

What do you think??? Pretty cool?

Oh and a little of the back story...

I saw my 1st video like this about a month ago or at least the 1st that really caught my attention. It was for some Internet marketing type of product that I didn't even want BUT the video was so captivating it made me WANT to buy it anyway.

So I became a little obsessed with finding out how they did it. I did a lot of research and found many of the companies that were charging 6K and up. Then I kept trying to find software or an online solution that would make it fast easy and affordable to do these videos and discovered VideoScribe.

At heart I'm a creative person and if I had time and/or wanted to start a new business I can totally see myself doing these all day long. So fun and exciting!

Alas I have no time OR inclination to start another new business or service.

AND knowing myself as well as I do, I would not even let myself do the free trial because I would get obsessed and want to just play with it all day. Sooo...

Since I can't do it, I thought I'd share the idea with you guys. Hopefully this fills a need for someone here in the community and will be a cool addition to your business. (If so I want a 10% royalty on all videos you produce!) :p

Great post, Linda! I actually priced out videoscribing for my own company and found prices on the low end at $2,000 for a 2-min video with voice-over. Mind you, the prices I got were from off-shore providers. I'm going to try the program out this week. Thanks for the share.

Oh cool Jason, let us know what you think!

Forgot to mention I think this could be a great tool for consultants to use to market their own business and share basic concepts like how the algo works, or illustrate the benefits of a higher ranking or whatever. :)

Thanks for sharing Linda! It looks like an interesting platform. I just waiting to test it.

Hi Linda,
This would be great for any off the cuff "balls in the air" type juggling presentations.:p
Thanks for the insight. I was not aware of this particular flavor of "kinetic typography" (this one not so heavy on the typography.) Have you seen PowToon (also a pretty cool animation presentation platform.) I also like SlideRocket and of course there's Prezi, it's a great time to start a business like you've described.

Hi Linda,
This would be great for any off the cuff "balls in the air" type juggling presentations.:p
Thanks for the insight. I was not aware of this particular flavor of "kinetic typography" (this one not so heavy on the typography.) Have you seen PowToon (also a pretty cool animation presentation platform.) I also like SlideRocket and of course there's Prezi, it's a great time to start a business like you've described.

LOL on the juggling! :p

I have not heard of the others you mentioned so will check them out. Thanks!

Thanks for the head's up on this service. My former business partner had one of these created for his website. I'm going to have one created for my site as well. I had no idea what they were called so thanks for clarifying that. I was just calling them "handwriting videos"...lol.

You can have these done on Fiverr too. I think my partner paid something like $40 to have his done for him on Fiverr.

Travis Van Slooten

Hey guys, Jason (above) mentioned in another thread yesterday that he tried Video Scribe and had GREAT results.

Jason wrote:

I used the nifty little video scribe tool I learned about in this forum to create a video that landed on the first results page after 4 days (for primary kw + city). Not only that, scraper sites scraped the video and provided free backlinks to the video with targeted anchor text (Thank you content thieves). My client is in a small city of 230,000 and his niche isn't too competitive. But his domain was only registered a few months ago and the website completed a month ago. So I was somewhat surprised by the quick results.

Here it the video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nUj4l1PebuA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Soooo thrilled one of you guys took my idea and ran with it!

Jason also gave some other good tips in that thread so check it out!
http://localsearchforum.catalystema...ion-tips-tricks-improve-ranking.html#post7608

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom