More threads by Dave

Dave

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated. Google just changed access to information. I suppose this has to do with the just reported changes in the dashboard, but it leaves me bewildered, befuddled and at a loss.

More importantly I can't access critical information about business info for each business with each acct.

WTF???

I've been going to the gmail acct for each smb that included a products overview page of vital information:
analytics
places
adwords
WMT,
youtube

and other things. From one place for each smb I could access a lot of relevant data and status for each business.

Now its not accessible. No communications about this thing. No interaction. One of the businesses affords us no connection and just connected a phone number that is inappropriate.

What occurred and how can one work around this?

BTW: I called into customer service for adwords. Since its the place google happily takes our money (r@pes us) they have always offered reasonably good customer service. But I couldn't get good information on this...other than a promise to get back to us later with answers.

The access to all the above referenced important aspects of managing information and expenses and efforts on behalf of this business through google has now been replaced by something that is totally google oriented and completely irrelevant in my mind.

It gives us info on our google+ contact information. Screw that. That is for google servicing google's best interests.

Is there somebody who knows how to work around these changes? Did google communicate this??? I haven't seen a thing.

man...I have hit the utter extreme of frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What did google just do to accessing all your information for a business acct? H

I've heard of a couple other cases like this recently. Haven't run into the problem myself.

Oh, you haven't hit the "utter extreme of frustration" yet; there's always more. This is Google.

Re: What did google just do to accessing all your information for a business acct? H

There is weird stuff going on, for sure. In the past 2 days I have tired to access several verified places listings but could not find them anywhere in the new dashboard when I logged in. In one case, someone else in another location logged in and still saw the old dashboard with the listing in it. I have also heard reports from others that they can't access their places listings.

The one way I can get in to see and edit the places listing is by going to the plus About page, clicking on the edit link and then on the manage this page link and logging in that way. Then, I see the listing.

All I can figure is that these accounts might be stuck in some kind of limbo between the new dashboard and the old one, but that's just a guess and it is very frustrating!

The only place I know where you can regularly talk to a google rep is through adwords customer service. It is of course where they take your money and give some semblance of customer response.

....and I did. that poor customer service rep. She had to put up with my "invective".

Its really frustrating to be at the bottom of the yo yo, jerked around by google without communication or warning or in the conversation I had with the customer service rep...without her ability to know what is going on.

...meanwhile they are still taking our $$$.

and I still can't access our information.

Sorry guys running into my Local Search Pro conf call and was off preparing for it.

Dave why don't you call Places support? Better option than Adwords support which usually has to go to Place support anyway.

I agree with Mary, likely part of transition.

When I get out of my call I'll do some more checking and alert Google to this thread and see if I can get any answers for you.

Linda: My experience has been greater responsiveness from adwords than Places to date.

I did go there and worked through their tree of options. Coincidentally the option I chose took me to a places customer service person. She didn't have answers. She did say she would get back to me via email.

Dave - I'm having the same problem - started today. It is the case on at least 10 of the accounts I'm logging into. The only thing I've been able to do is, when logged in, to go to the search bar and type what I'm looking for - webmaster tools, adwords, etc. You've probably figured that out by now though...

Just received an email response from customer service.

In general it suggested typing google.com/dashboard into the browser.

that works. Except when it doesn't. The accts I'm seeing aren't including information on adwords or places.

A separate work around is to type adwords.google.com into the browser for adwords. Then sign in.

alternatively type google.com/places in the browser and it will take you to the places info for your acct.

that is working so far for me.

From main Google log in I can get to the products page (via the app icon) where almost all products can be found - Except Places for Business...

I'm emailing Google now to see if they can shed any light.

Here here, Linda for your comments on Mike's blog relative to the constant flux in how google changes things but doesn't communicate to the smb's and the seo's out there how to deal with these changes.

to repeat what you stated. "Pity the poor Moms and Pops!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom