More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I know, I know... Learning about time management is boring... but not this info!

Have a couple good posts and slideshare deck to share on time management which is an area most of us could improve on. (I'm def taking lessons here!) :p

This slidedeck from Ian Lurie at Portent just came out yesterday and is really entertaining as well as having some great info. :)

Blog post here: Time management for internet marketers – Portent

<iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/15411833" width="427" height="356" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> <strong> <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/wrttnwrd/time-management-for-marketers-dont-get-whacked-out-poo-brain" title="Time management for marketers: Don't get whacked out poo brain" target="_blank">Time management for marketers: Don't get whacked out poo brain</a> </strong> from <strong><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/wrttnwrd" target="_blank">Ian Lurie</a></strong> </div>​

Then we have another piece where some prominent SEOs are interviewed and asked questions about how they allocate their time and balance all their client priorities.

How SEO Pros Manage Their Work & Time

In the SEO world we are constantly bombarded by things that we have to keep track of; analytics, rankings, reports, tasks, time spent, links earned, link activity, brand awareness, trending topics, take your pick. For these reasons I believe there is no other industry where time organisation plays a larger role...

I decided to give a 7 question micro-interview to some of the SEO industries biggest Pros to get a better understanding of what tools and tactics are best used to optimize productivity!

The 7 questions were:

How do you allocate your time?
What do you focus most of your efforts on when you are working on SEO?
What tools do you use to keep on task and to manage your workflow?
What tools do you use or recommend and what do you use them for?
How do you track your time spent?
How do you allocate your time for personal branding and company branding?
What do you prefer to do in that branding time?

One time management tool I could not live without is my alarm clock software. I started with the free version of Free Alarm Clock and liked it so much I upgraded to Hot Alarm Clock

I set alarms and timers for EVERYTHING, even breakfast, or I get so busy I work through & forget to eat.

But the main thing it's cool for is my consulting and training appts. I have 4 sets of reminders/alarms for each appt. 1) to remind me to send a reminder the day prior. 2) Alarm to tell me to email the training or consulting docs 1/2 hour before. 3) 15 min prior to start clearing windows and getting prepared. 4) 1 min prior call my conference line. (There are all diff types of alarms and things you can do with them. It's really killer software IMO.)

I'm EXTREMELY tunnel visioned and focused. If I'm trying to figure out a problem, helping someone here in the forum on an issue, I'm like a dog with a bone, can't stop, lose track of time. So my alarm clock is critical.

As ya'll know, I have a lot of balls to juggle :p but with my Hot Alarm Clock, I can set up timers in advance for all the different types of consulting and training appointments have all week and never drop the ball! :D

Anyone else have any time management tips to share?

Other than dealing with Google bugs :( what's the most time sucking thing you have to deal with AND how do you deal with it?

I am very much the same and like a dog with a bone when a problem arises! My only problem NOW is trying to read everything in the forum since I found it! :)

No Marie, you have a bigger problem. Now that you've found us, the more you read and learn the more
new stuff we're going to keep throwing atcha! :p

But as long as it helps you, I guess it's time well invested. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom