More threads by russofford

Reaction score
Hi,

What is your advice on including or not including the word 'Attorney' before an attorney's name in G+ Local's Company/Organization field?

Such as this: Attorney Jane Doe

Is this within the Google guidelines, outside of it, or a grey area?

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ,

Should not add any keyword or descriptive phase that is not part of their business name. It's a violation that can end in suspension. The keyword Attorney would be in their categories.

Hi Russ,

Should not add any keyword or descriptive phase that is not part of their business name. It's a violation that can end in suspension. The keyword Attorney would be in their categories.
Linda, I've always added the applicable professional designation abbreviation for lawyers (Jane Doe, JD or Jane Doe, Esq), doctors (Mary Jones, MD), nurses (Blake Stevans, RN BSN). I've done so because its common place for names, denotes a professional status rather than a position (which is slightly semantical) and often times it helps distinguish quality/preferance (some people prefer a DO rather than an MD or DVM). I agree keywords such as attorney and lawyer shouldn't be used in a name. But I've never seen nor received any push back on professional titles.

Andrew, totally agree "professional designation abbreviation for lawyers" is fine as well as adding MD, DDS or whatever. I see many attys use "Jane Doe PC" which would also be fine. AND the way atty names are presented in legal directories is often with the professional designation too, which supports the name as valid. (To the algo.)

But he was asking about just sticking the full keyword Attorney before the name. I say no. Now if the name consistently used in branding, all over the net for years is "Jane Doe Attorney At Law" and that's the practice name it's of course fine. But simply tacking on a keyword is probably not a good idea.

Yeah, just put the name of the "company" as it appears on their special attorney account checks if they are a solo practitioner. Lawyers are a unique case governed by local law and bar rules and will sometimes will be required to identify themselves as "Attorney John Doe", etc.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom