More threads by Bishop

Bishop

Reaction score
Once a month I get a call from google from a person with a indian accent. They ask me about my listing and then an hour later the listing has been changed in some way. Either the website is removed, phone removed, category removed or name changed back my old business name.

Has this happened to you?
Why do they do this?

They are trying to maintain data integrity.

If anything looks suspicious and does not add up or if other 3rd party data leads them to think your listing is wrong then they will correct it.

Thanks Linda, that makes sense.
Since the listing is for a business that changed it's name, when do you think that will stop altering the listing?

Have you cleaned up all your citations including government licenses, yellow page listings, etc? Because if they keep seeing the old name it could continue to cause issues.

I don't remember/know what the name was before, but if by chance the other name was long standing and sounded just like a regular business name and the new one is a total KW name, that would maybe look suspicious to them too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom