More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
As usual there have been a few good lists of the "Best Local Search Posts of 2013" as well as Local Search resolutions and predictions for 2014. Even though I'm sort of a news hound and am always looking for good stories I have to admit, in scanning some of these lists I've found some great posts I somehow missed. And we can all use a few more predictions and resolutions, right?

So thought I'd share a few of the good ones with you today as we start the new year.

LocalU 2013: Our 10 Most Popular Blog Articles - Local University

The 27 Best Local SEO Articles of 2013 | David Gray

LocalVox's Top Blog Posts of 2013

So Awesome: Our Most Popular Blog Posts of 2013 - ReachLocal

Top Search Marketing Columns of 2013 - Search Engine Land

Where Do You See Local Search in 2014? 26 Experts Weigh In - Powered by Search

What Will 2014 Bring For Local Search? 6 Predictions - Search Engine Land

6 Ways to Accelerate Your Local SEO Success in 2014 - Search Engine Watch

20 Smart Local SEO New Year?s Resolutions for 2014 - UpCity

5 Local SEO Predictions for 2014 - Business2Community

Visualistan: 2014 Search Marketing Trends And Tips [Infographic]

I'm sure I missed some, so if you have any others, please share!

And once again Happy New Year!

Re: Roundup of Best of Local Search 2013 Lists & Predictions for Local SEO in 2014

I sure do appreciate the posts that provide thoughts and points of view from a variety of Local SEO experts.

Matthew Hunt has some great advice on creating local content, video marketing, and building social communities around a local brand in his contribution to Where Do You See Local Search in 2014? 26 Experts Weigh In - Powered by Search. He also links to a post, Did Hummingbird Just Kill Your Local SEO?, where Andrew Shotland discusses investing in fresh, unique content for service area businesses. He shares a variety of examples of ways to improve local ranking in target service locations for businesses that lack a physical presence in that area. I think anyone managing SAB accounts will find the post valuable.

My biggest headache in 2013 was definitely around SAB's. Which also happens to be our biggest account who, unfortunately, were accustomed to creating local listings with fake addresses and purchasing links like it was 1999:mad:.
Been quite the learning experience (for both parties) to say the least.

Thanks for doing the grunt work and finding these for us, Linda! Can't wait to dive into the other posts!

Re: Roundup of Best of Local Search 2013 Lists & Predictions for Local SEO in 2014

Thanks for these links! Good stuff! :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom