More threads by Weve Got Your Customers

Reaction score
Hey Linda,

General Questions here - Have a Client that just changed Addresses so having to edit data aggregators as well as all the local dirs we've set them up in.

Haven't paid much attn in the past and not sure if it makes any difference at all, but about 1/2 the Corporations listed place a PERIOD after "INC" and about half don't.

Have a Best Practice for whether to include or not?

This Client has the PERIOD after INC and if it matters, I'll have them change when they submit new address info with the State.

On One Hand, I'm thinking the Search Engines are smart enough to detect and count both the same, but OTOH there's always that little bit of doubt (maybe due to all the engrained "NAP MUST MATCH EXACTLY! NAP MUST MATCH EXACTLY!" subliminal tapes I've been forced to listen to :))

Same lil bit of doubt with Road vs Rd, Drive vs Dr, Lane vs Ln, Suite vs Ste vs #, etc...

I've heard both sides well debated, but have never heard anything authoritative enough to get the voices out of the back of my head :D

I've always wondered this myself so thank you for starting the post. I work with a ton of LLCs. Half use "LLC." and half use "LLC"

I've always assumed that Google can see them as being one in the same so I haven't fretted about it. I just make sure it's consistent. If the client wants a period, then I use "LLC." on the website, the + page, the citations, etc.

Travis Van Slooten

I've always wondered this myself so thank you for starting the post. I work with a ton of LLCs. Half use "LLC." and half use "LLC"

I've always assumed that Google can see them as being one in the same so I haven't fretted about it. I just make sure it's consistent. If the client wants a period, then I use "LLC." on the website, the + page, the citations, etc.

Travis Van Slooten

LLC shouldn't have a period because it isn't abbreviated, rather it's an acronym for Limited Liability Corporation. "Inc." should have a period because its an abbrevation of Incorporated.

Same lil bit of doubt with Road vs Rd, Drive vs Dr, Lane vs Ln, Suite vs Ste vs #, etc...

They are stored in Map Maker in full so enter them in full.

Google abbreviates then when served up, even on the PIN Post Card, in order to save on resources.

Apologies in advance because this is totally off topic, but the title of this thread caught my eye: "Periods in NAP seen as 'stops'?."

They certainly are for me. Just recovering from a cold and over the weekend I was taking as many naps as I could, during which time absolutely everything stopped! :eek:

LOL David stops for periods as he NAPs due to cold. :p

Meant to ask, are you feeling better? Hope so!

They certainly are for me. Just recovering from a cold and over the weekend I was taking as many naps as I could, during which time absolutely everything stopped!

I read this when I was tired and wondered how David, obviously a guy, had periods.

They're sort of like contact lows. :D

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom