More threads by Nick.SEOSpark

Reaction score
Hey All,

Linda has often talked about "the thrill of getting a website ranked" and just thought I would echo that here. I've had a tough time recently trying to get a client ranked and today there has been some relief.

It was a situation where all the reviews got wiped which made it stressful and frustrating. It took a lot of work on the other factors to make the local listing as strong as possible (and some of Linda's fantastic 'organic on-site SEO' training which I highly recommend)!

After doing all of those things (the "secret sauce" stuff from Linda's training), we still needed more reviews. So, I tried to get a rallying call to the client to try really hard to get (just 1 review!)....Now, that they have got 1, the rankings have shot up.

All this stuff contributes to the "thrill of getting ranked" - it's difficult at times but worth it in the end.

P.S - Thank you to Linda for her excellent training and work on this forum.!:)

Yea Nick! So glad things are moving up on that one.

Glad you mentioned the thrill of getting clients ranked, because money is not everything. I mean getting paid is great, but when you have that additional psychological motivation factor it can help drive you AND make reaching the goal more rewarding.

Also really glad you liked the Local SEO training and got such benefit from it.

Since I don't work directly with clients any more, helping you guys get YOUR clients ranking
is MY new thrill. So thanks for giving me a thrill!!!
:p

Congratulations to both you and your client, Nick! Yes, it is a thrill, especially when the goal is attained via working through problems. This is a great testament to Linda, as well. She's the tops!

Way to go Nick!! I am so glad you shared the thrill with us! There is nothing better than moving that client to the first page. It is a thrill and a relief when it all goes according to plan! Congrats!

Thanks all for the encouragement. :)

This place is such a valuable resource for us all. Unfortunately, over the past few weeks, I've been sidetracked from being here that much. :( but I'm going to change that.

Yes, I know I've already said it, but Linda's (Organic-On-Site SEO Hooks) training was fantastic - so incredibly comprehensive and she went above and beyond to give us the maximum value. :)

As to the thrill of getting ranked, I think it's even more important when you suffer something like the reviews getting wiped. That fiasco really messed up the campaign so there's definitely a "thrill" in getting it back on track. Thanks to Linda for the reinforcements.! :D:D

Congrats Nick! I especially applaud your ability to get that coveted one review! I've been on my clients' cases for months to get reviews. Either they aren't trying or they have stubborn customers. Knowing how hard it is to get a client to get reviews, I appreciate your efforts!!

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis. Actually, we had a meeting yesterday and on the discussion of review, I've discovered it's getting really difficult.

They have actually had a lot of people go through the process of writing a review, to find that it doesn't appear. It looks like the draconian review filter is as bad as ever. :(
One comment I got yesterday was that as soon as they got a customer to fill in "Very Good" instead of "Excellent", the reviews go live - - If this is true, than it's a shambles! Businesses getting reward for being worse!

Anyway, from what I found out yesterday, the review situation is like pulling teeth at the moment.:(:mad:

The review process is in a big mess! I personally can't get two of my reviews to post and I am working on revising them to try and figure out what is triggering the spam filter. Just by chance the two reviews are very good reviews and they deserve them!

glad you were able to turn this around for the client!

Ya, it's a joke. Both you and the client work so hard to get your customers to leave a review and then when they jump through all the hoops required to leave a review it doesn't show up. There has to be a better way.

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis. Actually, we had a meeting yesterday and on the discussion of review, I've discovered it's getting really difficult.

They have actually had a lot of people go through the process of writing a review, to find that it doesn't appear. It looks like the draconian review filter is as bad as ever. :(
One comment I got yesterday was that as soon as they got a customer to fill in "Very Good" instead of "Excellent", the reviews go live - - If this is true, than it's a shambles! Businesses getting reward for being worse!

Anyway, from what I found out yesterday, the review situation is like pulling teeth at the moment.:(:mad:

Yeah, it's actually quite sad that my client has worked hard at getting reviews and that they don't go through. When I hear that, all I can do is sympathise and shrug my shoulders. :confused:

Thankfully, my client understands that Google is being difficult and just perseveres through it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom