More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
This enlightened post is about consumer use of Google+ Local, not the complications of the Places for Business side of the issue, which is infinitely more convoluted.

I'm not a Foursquare user and really don't even use G+ Local that much as a consumer, but I think The Next Web makes some good points about the complexity affecting user adoption.

Google+ Local must be simplified before it can dethrone Foursquare - The Next Web

Google is taking the social footprint of Google+ into all of its other products and services, which should lead to new users and better awareness of the platform.

Of greater concern is the scattershot execution of Google+ Local.

I?ll take you through some of the user experience.

What say ye???

hear, hear!

G has a lot of work ahead. I'd never count them out, but I would only be making a small bet (as in not committing huge resources to it yet). Disrupting the status quo is how they started so it's in their DNA, they just haven't always been successful at it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom