More threads by Cori Shirk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm working with a client who recently had a few hundred listings verified via bulk verification, and one of our locations moved addresses. Does anyone know the process for reverifying this listing? Will I need to go through postcard verification, or will it stay verified if I edit any of the NAP info since it was part of a bulk batch?

Any insight appreciated. Thanks!
Cori

Hi Cori,

I'm sorry, I've never dealt with bulk at all so am not sure. Hopefully other members that work with bulk will weigh in.

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but ran into something similar recently. The bulk update solves this kind of thing, right?

Wow, I forgot about this one! :) You should be okay to change the address as long as your name and store code stay consistent. In my experience Google tends to look at the store code as the first "anchor" so to speak.

I haven't had to do an address change like this since the bulk update though so let me know if you run into any issues, I'm curious.

Wow, I forgot about this one! :) You should be okay to change the address as long as your name and store code stay consistent. In my experience Google tends to look at the store code as the first "anchor" so to speak.

I haven't had to do an address change like this since the bulk update though so let me know if you run into any issues, I'm curious.

yea also the update seems to solve most of the old issues with listings being claimed in multiple accounts, multiple listings with NAP inconsistency, and disadvantages of not being able to be social etc..

is that your experience too?

yea also the update seems to solve most of the old issues with listings being claimed in multiple accounts, multiple listings with NAP inconsistency, and disadvantages of not being able to be social etc..

is that your experience too?

Yes and no. The update solved a lot of the dual claiming problems, yes, but not necessarily NAP inconsistency. I'm actually seeing old/ closed/ duplicate listings with incorrect NAP causing more problems now than I have in a while. Brian Barwig actually just wrote a blog post about that this morning: Why Google My Business Listings Become Disabled | IntegrateDigitalMarketing Google's apparently been disabling listings in bulk accounts that conflict with old (claimed or unclaimed) listings with partial NAP matches. Not exactly sure if that's a glitch or something we'll have to battle moving forward, but it's definitely worth noting for now.

Hey Cori,

Thanks for linking my post.

With regards to your question, Google may un-verify your listing but you wont have to go through the whole verification process again. Simply call G support (I know, I know) and tell them you have a location in the bulk account which moved addresses. They will then tell you that you need to re-verify the listing. All you have to do is go to business.google.com, click on "Get my Page" and type in the information for the listing on the Map. Once you find the listing, claim it and then you will be asked to verify it. Once you claim it, the Google rep can manually verify the listing on the phone for you.

Its actually a fairly simple process if you get a knowledgeable G rep (not always easy as you know).

Thanks again Cori and Brian for sharing that post.

I thought it deserved it's own thread, so started a new one here:
<a href="http://www.localsearchforum.com/google-local-important/34368-reasons-google-my-business-bulk-listings-can-become-disabled.html">Reasons Google My Business BULK Listings Can Become Disabled</a>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom