More threads by Ruslan Krastev

R

Ruslan Krastev

Hello! We've got a client who has a couple of listings with one and the same phone number and I suggested she has unique numbers on every listing. She said she can't do that and asked if it is possible to get a number that forwards the calls to the phone number she is already using. Do you think this is possible and not violating Google's quality guidelines?

Hi Ruslan,

I think this is perfectly fine, and it's what I recommend to my clients as well. Here's what the guidelines say about numbers (note that they don't say anything about forwarding):

"Website & Phone: Provide a phone number that connects to your individual business location as directly as possible, and provide one website that represents your individual business location.

Use a local phone number instead of a call center number whenever possible.
Do not provide phone numbers or URLs that redirect or ?refer? users to landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it says to not use phone numbers that redirect to those other than the actual business, but in this case they will forward to the business.

As long as the person answering the phone answers with the business name, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the person answering the phone answers with the business name, you should be fine.

I agree with Darren, and I think this is a point that deserves to be highlighted.

Google has been known to take manual actions on G+ Local listings when they call them and the person who answers doesn't say the business name.

Plus, Joel emphasized this point at a LocalU, so it can not be overlooked.

Hi everyone, I just want to check and see if I understand the question correctly.

1) Does the client have several domains that are ranking with 1 phone number?
  • Then your suggestion for phone call forwarding makes sense.

OR

2) Do they have 1 domain with several pages ranking?
  • If it is this one, then they should not use different tracking numbers.

Hi everyone, I just want to check and see if I understand the question correctly.

1) Does the client have several domains that are ranking with 1 phone number?
  • Then your suggestion for phone call forwarding makes sense.

OR

2) Do they have 1 domain with several pages ranking?
  • If it is this one, then they should not use different tracking numbers.

Hi Ben! The client has several Google+ Local listings that are ranking with one and the same phone number and also other listings that are associated with a different website but still using the same number. Some of her locations are not even real business locations - it's a complete mess.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom