More threads by Cindy

Cindy

Reaction score
What's up with the free tool on getlisted.org? I tried to do a search today, and I got a pop-up window asking for my email to sign up to their newsletter. After clicking "No Thanks" a couple of times, and being kicked back to the search page, I entered an email address, and still got kicked back. It looked like my results were in the background in both cases, but upon exiting the pop-up, I could not get to my results page, regardless of opting into the sign up.

Anybody know what's going on?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

GetListed was just acquired by SEOmoz, so maybe something is in transition.

Here is the announcement.
BREAKING: SEOmoz Acquires GetListed David Mihm

David weighed in on another issue that was raised by another member and gives his personal email in post #7.

He'll likely see this post and stop by as well, but just email and I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

Thanks, Linda. I saw this announcement yesterday, but think I read that there were not going to be any changes to getlisted.org short term. Hopefully, this is just a programming glitch related to the pop-up. I'll wait for David to stop by.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,
Yeah, that's a temporary bug that appears to be related to the traffic increase from the announcement. You definitely do NOT need to enter your email there, and once you say "no thanks" that pop up *shouldn't* show up again. Ever, as long as you use the same browser.

Our (SEOmoz's) director of engineering and I have been at the BIA Kelsey conference in LA all week, unfortunately, so it's been harder for us to address this for everyone than we would have liked.

Out of curiosity can you share the approximate time you were using the site? It might help us diagnose the bug a little better.

Thanks!
David

Sorry for my slow response, but I see that the problem is now corrected. Appreciate the quick turn around. Thanks!

Cindy

Happy to hear it!
Please don't hesitate to email me directly if it comes back -- davidmihm@gmail.com -- we definitely want the user experience to be seamless with our transition over to SEOmoz.

Best,
David

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom