More threads by Amber Robinson

Reaction score
Hi All,

My boss likes to make a joke that when he hired me I couldn't even spell "SEO"....and he is pretty much right. Luckily, he saw potential in me and kept me around (mostly b/c my boss is also my Uncle). So I began my learning by logging on to my uncles SEOmoz account (now Moz) and eventually Miriam Ellis linked to a post here in Linda's forum and I was hooked. I wanted to know it all and here I was, on a forum where Linda Buquet PERSONALLY replied to a question I had. She ALSO had G+ tutorials and I would be on the phone with THE Linda Buquet and other Local Search Pro's :eek: Not only that but the whole community was willing to offer their opinions/experiences/best practices. That mixed with a handful of other blogs and 2 years later I have made a position for myself in our company that never existed and continue to improve outcomes for our clients. There is just no way I would have been able to learn at the pace I did without all that I mentioned above and I think that's such a beautiful thing.:)

So, the reason I am "calling all designers" is b/c I am curious if anyone can lead me to something similar but for web designers. We have an awesome new hire that was originally brought on for copywriting but, by accident, we found out she has this incredible raw talent for designing. I want her to have something like we have here so she can learn and build confidence in her work but I honestly don't know where to start or who is an authority/pro is this area.

We are in the Houston area so if you know of any classes or events, like LocalU, that are held around Texas for web design that would be awesome to hear about, too.

Thanks in advance, y'all!

Thanks for your kind words Amber. I'm glad we helped you in your new career! :p

I used to hang in more webmaster type forums and some were design focused but that was years ago and forums change. Need one that's well moderated and helpful. Oh I know one that fits the bill.
Cre8asiteforums | Online Marketing and Web Design Community

That one is a little more webmaster/seo focused but they have a whole section about design. I'm sure others know some that are more design focused.

Thanks so much, Linda!

Looks like a great place to start. Excited to share it with her!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom