More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
After about a month of development, I'm proud to announce the launch of my citation tool. This was actually a tool I had developed for my own purposes and then decided to clean it up and release it to the public as I thought small business owners could benefit from it.

If you're a small business owner (or local SEO consultant) and need a quick and easy tool to figure out where to submit your citations (and then track your submissions), give the tool a spin and let me know what you think!

Best Local Citation Sources by Industry and by City for Local SEO

Travis Van Slooten

Hey Travis, just got into the developer game. VERY cool Travis!

Thanks for sharing it with the community!

Thanks Linda! As you know, I don't touch the development...lol. I'm only the mastermind/project manager. I love coming up with ideas for tools and then having them built. I've got others coming so stay tuned...

Travis Van Slooten

Hey Travis, just got into the developer game. VERY cool Travis!

Thanks for sharing it with the community!

Very cool tool Travis, thanks for putting it together and sharing!

Very exciting new tool, especially as its FREE. Thanks for providing this Travis- I will share around and mention on the blog.

Been giving it a whirl myself. I see that on the UK..it's giving a list of the best citation sources (across the board)---which is still very very useful.

Thanks Nick. Ya, for the other countries I haven't gotten around to sorting the citations out by industry or city and to be honest, I don't know that I will. Like I said, I built this tool initially for my own purposes. And since I work strictly with U.S.-based companies, that is where my focus was with this tool.

Having said that, if you or anyone else has a better way to breakdown the U.K. citations, I'll be more than happy to add that to the tool!

Travis Van Slooten

Very exciting new tool, especially as its FREE. Thanks for providing this Travis- I will share around and mention on the blog.

Been giving it a whirl myself. I see that on the UK..it's giving a list of the best citation sources (across the board)---which is still very very useful.

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:58 AM ----------

No problem. If you have any suggestions to make it better, be sure to drop me a line.

Travis Van Slooten

Very cool tool Travis, thanks for putting it together and sharing!

Thanks Nick. Ya, for the other countries I haven't gotten around to sorting the citations out by industry or city and to be honest, I don't know that I will. Like I said, I built this tool initially for my own purposes. And since I work strictly with U.S.-based companies, that is where my focus was with this tool.

Having said that, if you or anyone else has a better way to breakdown the U.K. citations, I'll be more than happy to add that to the tool!

Travis Van Slooten

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:58 AM ----------

No problem. If you have any suggestions to make it better, be sure to drop me a line.

Travis Van Slooten

I myself use Whitespark's Local Citation finder (of course it needs no introduction!) to get a good run down for the UK citations:

https://www.whitespark.ca/local-citation-finder/

------

However, here is a run-down of some great threads about UK citation sources:

David Mihm
The Guide to UK Citations for Local Search | Mihmorandum

Phil Rozek
Top UK Local-Business Directories (AKA Citation Sources) | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Mike Blumenthal
Guest post: Top 10 local UK business directories compared & rated | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

NGS Marketing-Nyagoslav Zhekov
Local Citation Building Study: Local Business Directories Canada + UK

--------------

Hope that helps UK folks.:)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom