More threads by grasshoppersean

Reaction score
i have been updating the meta keywords on my jamoola website. i am not sure if i am in the right section but here it goes.
1. i am in the garden maintenance business and the services i offer and keywords i use are lawn treatments, lawn mowing, hedge trimming, turfing, weed control, garden maintenance, garden services, fencing, gardener, gardeners. lawn care
i keep coming back to these keywords and cant think of any other, any suggestions.

2. when i put the keywords in the meta keyword section on my website should i add a location to some of the keyword services. ie. newquay garden services, newquay garden maintenance, st agnes lawn care.

sorry if this is not making much sense, my knowledge is a bit basic.

One thing, adding keywords into the meta keyword section of your site does not play any factor into what search engines will rank you for. So don't worry about that section.

For keyword research, I use a great tool called SECockpit (Keyword Research Tool & SEO Management Software - SECockpit)

But for general research you could use Google's search suggestions, trends...etc to do some manual digging.

Also, don't try to rank for too many varieties of keywords all on one page. creat a specific page for each targeted subject/keyword.

For example, "weed control" and 'fencing" would not be keywords on the same page.

For your meta descriptions, optimize them for conversion since they appear as a snippet in the SERP's. Think call-to-action.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

The meta keywords don't do much for ranking these days and many people don't even add them. However good keyword research is one of the most important things for any online marketing. Out of everything I've tried, which is nearly everything there is, the best tool for keyword research is Term Explorer - Beta - has a free version too.

You want to target entire subjects and topics around your main keywords. The older methods of one page per keyword can still work, but now with added risk and there is a much better way with modern SEO - things like word relationships.

Keyword research can really drive us crazy sometimes so I understand your concern. Like Greg said, meta's are not considered to be a factor for ranking but Colan nailed it. Your meta description should speak to the customer and give them a reason to click through to your page. You can use keywords in the meta but it should be for the user not for the search engine.

Out of all those keywords you came up with which ones bring in the most business? I would start with those and then take a look at the keyword tools mentioned above and also Google Suggestions.

This goes along the same vein that Broland touched on but optimizing a page for a single keyword like "fencing" may land you in the results for Users looking to learn about the sport of fencing!:eek: With Google suggest you can find phrases specific for you business like "fencing equipment for sale" or "fencing materials". And although the search volume may be a quarter of the searches that "fencing" gets- I think it will bring the right type of customer to your site.

Hope this helps!

All the Best,

Amber

For your meta descriptions, optimize them for conversion since they appear as a snippet in the SERP's. Think call-to-action.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ok thanks. i have done this for all of my pages, for example. on the services page" We offer a variety of garden maintenance services to suit your garden requirements"

---------- Post Merged at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:23 AM ----------

One thing, adding keywords into the meta keyword section of your site does not play any factor into what search engines will rank you for. So don't worry about that section.

For example, "weed control" and 'fencing" would not be keywords on the same page.

i was spending ages thinking of keywords to go in there and been adding them with location as well. thought it was a bit to easy.

how do i make the page specific to a particular keyword. is it partly the content that is on each page?

i also wanted to say thank you so much everyone for your very useful advice.

---------- Post Merged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Out of everything I've tried, which is nearly everything there is, the best tool for keyword research is Term Explorer - Beta - has a free version too.

thanks bro just using the free version now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom