More threads by grasshoppersean

Hi Sean,

You actually have 2 major violations.

Here is link to the page I need: https://plus.google.com/+Grasshoppergardenservicescouk/about

Name on page: Grasshopper Garden Services Ltd - Lawn Care and Garden Maintenance

1) The name can only include the business name. Can't add keywords or descriptive text to the name.

2) It appears the location is residential. Do you work from home? I assume to do lawn care, you can only service customers at their location. If so, you need to hide the address on your listing. In the past Google just deleted listings that violated this guideline.

How to fix that part depends on which dashboard you have. If you don't know how to hide your address, let us know which dashboard and we'll tell you how.

There are also some problems on your site but I'm out of time. So let's just work on the Places violations.

Hopefully someone else has time to give you site feedback.

Hi

thanks Linda for the quick reply and spending time looking a my listing.

1. I cant change business name yet because the account is not verified now because i have changed the address, still waiting for pin.

2. yes the address is residential, i work from home. we offer lawn care and garden services.i have just googled it and i think i have the new dashboard. i have had a look around but cant find where i can hide my address. would this be because i am waiting to verify. it says address serving customers within a 49 km radius. if that is relevant.

Hey Sean,

I would also actively work on getting G+ reviews along with the biggies Linda mentioned. Your sitting at two right now and its not looking like your competitors in the Grimsly area are doing very much with reviews. Maybe leaving a sheet with each customer, along with instructions on how to leave a review would help.

2. yes the address is residential, i work from home. we offer lawn care and garden services.i have just googled it and i think i have the new dashboard. i have had a look around but cant find where i can hide my address. would this be because i am waiting to verify. it says address serving customers within a 49 km radius. if that is relevant.

Assuming you have the new dashboard, select I deliver serves to customers at their location...
and be sure "I also serve customers at my address is de-selected".
Then Google won't show address.

Here is screenshot. De-select that 2nd check mark.

1310d1389753972-ranking-okay-organic-but-terrible-local-google-address.jpg

1310d1389753972-ranking-okay-organic-but-terrible-local-google-address.jpg

Thank you , that was very easy when you know how. just have to wait now to verify my account and i can get the keywords taken off the end of my name.

---------- Post Merged at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Hey Sean,

I would also actively work on getting G+ reviews along with the biggies Linda mentioned. Your sitting at two right now and its not looking like your competitors in the Grimsly area are doing very much with reviews. Maybe leaving a sheet with each customer, along with instructions on how to leave a review would help.
Yes i have been doing that but not many of my customers have a google account, a few of them left comments but they got removed after a while. i will get back into the habit of giving them the sheet with details on again and have another go.

Thanks for your help Linda before my account could have been suspended. Account is now verified and i removed the keywords at the end of my name. :D

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom