More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
More and more Google+ and it's growing list of features and problems is interwoven into our little world of Local Search Optimization - making things ever more complicated.

So I thought you guys may benefit from the great year end list below filled with important Google+ insights and yes, some rants too.

24 of the Best Google+ Guides, Tips, Rants and Raves of 2012

Many of this year?s best posts about Google?s newest social platform were written early in the year. Since then, though the user base has continued to grow, enthusiasm seems to have waned. While Marty Weintraub offers a more provocative metaphor below, it almost seems like Google+ is becoming the colonoscopy of social networks: everyone agrees it?s vitally important, but few people really want to talk about it or spend any more time on it than absolutely necessary.

?Ghost town? or not, many experts agree that Google+ is here to stay, and it?s valuable for b2b marketing, SEO, personal branding, and reputation management. So what makes Google+ special? What are the best practices for business use of the platform? How can an individual or organization most efficiently grow a following there? And will Google+ end Facebook?s domination of social networking?or will it ?break the Internet??

Find those answers and more here in two dozen of the best Google+ guides, tips, rants and raves of the past year.

More and more Google+ and it's growing list of features and problems is interwoven into our little world of Local Search Optimization - making things ever more complicated.

So I thought you guys may benefit from the great year end list below filled with important Google+ insights and yes, some rants too.
Seems that Google+ Communities (announced after the blog post) looks to raise the stakes of Google+ as a social platform. Its still early to see how much it would improve interactions with Local, but more people using and at a higher rate can only mean better exposure for businesses. I'm loving Communities and it looks like it may replace Groups if done right. :)

Ya I posted my thoughts about Communities right before it launched. I think it's very cool, lots of applications and could drive G+ engagement. It does not have a complete feature set to use as a full-on forum, but for communities it's pretty cool.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom