More threads by bradleymarones

Reaction score
Hey guys, this might be a dumb question. Should we be building links to the business' G+ page? Does this in anyway, shape or form affect rankings or help at all?

Logically, I would think yes. Links from the business' site, directories, or other relevant sites.

Anyone have any experience/insight in this area?

Most experts agree it does not help. Here is a post Mike did where lots of consultants weighed in.

Should You Do Linkbuilding to Your G+ Page for Local? | Understanding Google Places & Local Search

I have heard a couple consultants say though that their ranking jumped after they added a G+L link to their own website. But that could be coincidence or something. On the other hand I think it's a good idea and could help her tie everything together. But I would not put energy into backlinking to it. In fact, I suspect that could potentially hurt you if overdone or done wrong.

Seems to make sense, the links/link-building efforts may be considered spammy as well (if Google has those filters in place) unless the links are coming from targeted (directory/review/hyper-local sites) sites.

Thanks Linda!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom