More threads by JanetJanowiak

Reaction score
Is it possible to "unclaim" (former employee) a business listing on Google Local and claim it with another profile (the actual owners)? I have the login information for both Google accounts.

If you are talking about removing a listing from the Google Places dashboard, it's pretty easy.

To remove from the old account, click "delete" on the listing from the dashboard and then select "[SIZE=-1]Remove this listing from my Google Places account."
[/SIZE]

Make sure you strip down the old listing (down to it's NAP + 1 category).

I would claim and verify the listing in the new account before you strip and remove from the old account. Some may disagree with this but I look at it as damage control.

NOTE: Claiming in a new account can have some negative impacts on the listing:

• Pictures will probably go AWOL for a month or so
  • Possible ranking drop
  • Possible hidden "dings" on the new account

Hope this helps.

In fact new listings sometimes take a week before they show at all
and 6 - 8 weeks before they even start to rank.

Plus you can lose all reviews because it's a new CID. They could at some point re-attach if NAP is identical but no guarantees.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to leave this account right where it is. There are some reviews and images. She's not hitting it out of the ballpark but there probably isn't a huge detriment to leaving the account as is, right?

If you have the option of NOT moving it than you are best to just leave it where it is :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom