More threads by Travis Van Slooten

Solutions
Reaction score
I don't normally delve into social media for my clients but one of them insisted I help them create a Facebook business page. It's been a long time since I've set one of these up.

Do I want to set the page up under my own Facebook account or should it be set up under the business owner's personal account? When I last set one of these up you could assign page managers so it didn't really matter who's account you used. I don't know if that's still the case.

If you guys can give me any advice or point me to any resources, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis,
It is pretty easy now to create the page through your personal account and makes all the tweaks. Then when you are ready to step down you can add your client as the admin or manager of the account and you can then be deleted. Or you can stay on as admin and add your client as admin and then your client can access the account through his personal Facebook account.
I have not had any issues with this feature and if a client already has a Facebook page up and just adds me as admin I can access their page via my personal Facebook account. No longer all of the worries from the past about personal accounts.

Perfect! That's what I was most concerned about - that if I created it under my personal account it would be a pain to pass to the client when I'm ready to step down. I would set it up through his account but he doesn't have the time to do it and he doesn't want to stumble through the process himself - and he doesn't want to give me access to his personal Facebook account.

I'll set it up under my account then and add him as an admin/manager. Thanks for your help!

Travis Van Slooten

Hi Travis,
It is pretty easy now to create the page through your personal account and makes all the tweaks. Then when you are ready to step down you can add your client as the admin or manager of the account and you can then be deleted. Or you can stay on as admin and add your client as admin and then your client can access the account through his personal Facebook account.
I have not had any issues with this feature and if a client already has a Facebook page up and just adds me as admin I can access their page via my personal Facebook account. No longer all of the worries from the past about personal accounts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom