Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

backlinking from google+ personal page to website. is that a no no.

I am fast learning that there a some thing regarding google shat you should not be doing for example not having keywords in your local business listing name.

So here is another thing i was wondering. for some reason i have to google+ personal pages and in the about me there is a section for links. i had read that you can use this to back link to your own website with a keyword, i have done this on both of my google+ personnel pages and have used about 8 backlinks on each account. is this a bad thing to be doing and should i cancel one of the + accounts as well.
    I am not wanting to upset google.
    If you need a gardener truro we offer lawn care Newquay in and around the Cornwall area.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

Re: backlinking from google+ personal page to website. is that a no no.

Think about the value of a link coming from your own Google+ personal page... if you can manually put links in there, do you think it can have an abundance of value? Are you familiar with some of the recent Google updates, notably Penguin? This algorithm update went after backlinks among other things. Basically, they devalued links that could be seen as manipulative including paid links, directory links or sites where you could put manual links in abundance.

I would think Google isn't against you linking to your website but whether or not they are a) do-follow or no-follow (not passing authority vs passing authority) or b) usually only count the 1st time a link is placed is an unknown to me.

What this reads in simple terms, if you are not earning links, their value is likely less desired. Earned links by way of great content, apps, tools, e-books, etc. are the types of links that carry value and will help your overall goals. Your time is better spent thinking of awesome content that doesn't exist anywhere else. Google's new algo, Hummingbird, looks at things a lot differently these days. Their aim is no different than it was years ago, to deliver the best results as quickly as possible for their searchers.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

It would be a bit easy if we could just put our own links ups everywhere. backlinking is such a confusing subject as it is constantly changing and buy the time i think i start to understand things a little you find out something else new you need to be doing. thanks for your input Laustin.
    If you need a gardener truro we offer lawn care Newquay in and around the Cornwall area.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

And this is exactly why Google has clamped down on the valueof bback links that you, me and other webmasters have full control over. People did exactly that, put their links up everywhere and manipulated Google into thinking their site was actually worth it meanwhile, it really wasn't.

The best advice I can give you is to spend a lot of time on content ideas and creation and social media to interact with your customers and show transparency. You can write guest blogs here and there for visibility but keep your best content for your site. You will weather many Google storms if you focus on quality and user experience.

Focus on earning links and you'll statt to see a difference over time and won't have to worry as much about all the changes Google makes.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

thanks you for your advice. I am only a small company and i deal with most aspects of my business including website. in the past i have just left the site alone to do its thing but now since i have moved i am making a special effort to help the site on its way up the listing. as you have said its best to focus on good content and quality links. i have just installed a blog onto my site so i hope i will start to see results from that and i am also using the blog to post on the social sites i have.
    i run a gardening maintenance business in the uk and it the quiet season at the moment for me and i am not used to spending this much time on the computer, it can get a bit tiresome but soon i should start seeing the results, i guess its not a overnight thing.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it Lol. In fact, its quite the opposite. You have an advantage, you appear to love what you do and that makes it considerably easier to come up with great content. When you write about your passion and what you love, you naturally come up with interesting information.

You took a great step forward by adding a blog to your site. This is your tool. Your quiet season is the best time to make your site changes and start implementing your content ideas. It is definitely not an overnight process so preparation and time have to be considered. Once you build your site authority, you won't have to worry as much about how long it takes for your content to rank well in the search index.

For some quick content ideas, hit up Yahoo answers and see what questions people are asking and write content around those questions (don't shy away from adding the question to the content) and answer them.

Youcll get there in time and soon enough, you'll have people working for you on your website. :-)

We all give and take from this community. We learn and give back where we can. Glad you find the info helpful. Happy to help.