More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm not even going to quote it because I don't want the guy's name or site here, but OMG.
Just need to read it for a great Friday laugh.

Just in a quick nutshell, the guy complains ON THE GOOGLE FORUM that he used blackhat software that guarantees a #1 in Google. He didn't get #1 even though he has 74,000 backlinks. Therefore he blames it on Google and said it's a bug that his site is not ranking #1 and DEMANDS Google fix the bug!

Oh and this is not some naive business owner. This is a guy that says he's an "SEO expert". He links to his site that was affected by the Google "bug" and this guys actually offers SEO services. Scary!

:rolleyes: Just OMG!

Uninformed and crappy SEOs like this are what gives the industry a bad name!

I responded with some help, I recommend getting a minimum of 75,000 spam backlinks, I am sure then he will be number one. He only has 74,000.

Okay, just kidding, I didn't post that. However I feel very blessed to have the resource of this forum.

Wow, that is one bitter dude! And so misinformed. Good laugh on a Friday though.

I feel kind of bad for the guy. He is a rude little bugger, but I can't help but sense a lost little puppy who was lead down the wrong path at an early age.

Treebles has the patience of a saint.

Feel bad for him? He's making threats toward Ashley.

But ya treebles does have the patience of a saint.

Feel bad for him? He's making threats toward Ashley.

But ya treebles does have the patience of a saint.

I didn't see any threats. Must have missed those.

I was just implying that he is a lost soul.

---------- Post Merged at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I was just implying that he is a lost soul.

Or should I say his SEOul..

I didn't see any threats. Must have missed those

It was on the Webmaster thread. He kept threatening her on her personal profile. She posted a couple of his threats. Not killing threats, hacking type threats. Evidently he has a team that does that too.

SEOul.. LOL! You crack me up!:p

WOW! Blown away at this human being's thought process and his replies:eek: His attitude is disgusting! A direct reflection of his work.

I will forever be so grateful that I was led to this forum so early in my learning.

P.S. The "SEOul" and recommending getting 75,000 spam backlinks made me "laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee"!

Thanks for creating such a positive atmosphere and place to learn and grow for real SEO's, Linda!

It fanned out. Sock puppets using fake names making other posts. Got much worse including threats to other Google Top Contributors and this nice little comment on my personal G+ page.

"Linda is a scallywag, who knows nothing about seo. DO NOT LISTEN TO HER JABBER"

Then it escalated on to gay p*rn hacking of the HVAC customers web site for refusing to pay up.
I saw it, it was nasty!

Some other people are reporting him (them) to the State District Attorney and FBI tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure his ranting and posting on the Google forum is part of his backlinking strategy. Just think about it, he gets a lot of SEO and "ranking on Google" keywords right beside his domain name and company name. It's probably why he included his business name in the thread title. I can't think of any other reason why he'd do that.

"Linda is a scallywag, who knows nothing about seo. DO NOT LISTEN TO HER JABBER"

scallywagseo .com is available, Linda. The name sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Motto: Scallywag SEO, we get ya' ranks back from the depths of the serps. arghhhh penguins and pandas ye' be warned!!!

scallywagseo .com is available, Linda. The name sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Motto: Scallywag SEO, we get ya' ranks back from the depths of the serps. arghhhh penguins and pandas ye' be warned!!!

OMG Blake, that's just TOOOOO funny! :D

Joy as I explained in the thread with Google, I now believe this is an imposter/troll/character assassination attempt. No one could be that crazy. (There is soooo much more to it than I'm comfortable typing here.)

So the link drops were a negative PR attack, I now believe after I uncovered new evidence. Maybe by the HVAC custoner that got gay p*rn hacked. The HVAC site was pulled offline but I have Google cache copy of it and it's nasty! He also said in a Yelp review that the company in question was threatening his family. But now I think maybe that whole thing with the HVAC site hacking was fake too and part of the reputation attack. It's just crazy!

I have pages and pages of deleted threads, attacks, accusations and emails back and forth with some of the TCs at the Google webmaster forum. This is just nuts!

Ya it got crazy. Some of the best threads were deleted. The others locked and all the users (or should I say the one user with multiple personas) all were banned. So things have settled down on that front.

But on other fronts... never a dull moment in GoogleLand! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking you're right... that was my first thought too. It's like the old adage " even bad press is good press".

---------- Post Merged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I was just looking at his website and any one that offers pricing without knowledge of scope, issues, industry Etc has to be a little off, right?

Check out his pricing and services (broken on purpose) [nameremoved]. com/search-engine-optimization-pricing

Any SEO that throws around the word "Guaranteed" or "we can get your website to page 1 of Google for $250 per month" raises a scam alert in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom