More threads by eestrada234

Reaction score
I have a client who owns and operates a Veterinary clinic on the first floor of a building but also has a Bed & Breakfast business on the second floor of the same building.

The two business are separate entities. They don't share the same business name or number. However, share the same address.

What would be the best way to pursue their local seo? I'm hesitant to begin citation building because the address will be exactly the same as her Veterinary clinic.

Any help, tips, advice would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey there, you should be fine. The business name, website, phone number, categories will all be different so you shouldn't run into any issues.

If they have a suite# make sure to include that as well to help differentiate, and so potential customers can find them :)

I agree with Colan, the only time I've run into issues is if they share suite # or telephone number that goes to a calling tree. Based on the info you provided it sounds like you're fine.

I had chatted to a CSR about a similar situation and they mentioned simply putting 1st Floor in the second line of the address field. I'm not sure if that's standard practice or how that might affect citation building though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

Just an update on this situation. My client just received an email from Google stating this:

"[FONT=arial, sans-serif]We?d like to inform you that Google Places no longer accommodates more than one authorized owner per business location. Your account contains one or more listings that have been identified as duplicates of other listings and as a result, some of the information you provide will not be shown to Google users anymore."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]As stated before, my client has a Veterinary clinic on the 1st floor and a Bed and Breakfast on the 2nd floor of the building, both of which are separate business entities with different business names.. As of now what I've done as far as citations is simply keep the address the same but the Name & Phone number (landline) is different.

How would you guys react to this email from Google?
[/FONT]

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 7.55.01 AM.png

Such a common question. When asked I always tell people to consider medical offices, or realtors. Especially the latter. Everyone has their own marketing effort, and Goog must make concessions for that sort of thing. My experience has been that as long as the business phone number is unique, the rest of okay. Ideally I would aim to have a dif biz name too, but again, consider the MANY situations where that just wouldn't be the case.

You'll be just fine.

Thanks Adam. I implemented all the citations for the business already and then just a few days ago my cliebt received that email for Google places regarding duplicate listings. I thought it had something to do with my recent citation work by apparently it was a wide spread email to many small biz owners

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edgar I don't think the 2 businesses is the problem.

I think it's one of the scenarios here.

Warning Email re Google Places Duplicate Listings

Please see post #43 and the link to Jade's post that explains the scenarios that are triggering these dupe emails. It's either claimed in another account or you or they created a G+ page and manually merged which ended up creating a dupe. See Jade's explanation at that link.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom