More threads by Matthew Newman

Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone else getting this? We've got several clients where when we try to enter in the PIN from postcard, we get a grayed out submission box that we can't enter anything into. There are a couple other people have reported it too, with screenshots:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/business/oqtFPrcN7Wo/oK7ImMxVsqsJ
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/business/HaSEh7Qor6o

It seems almost like the Google Places listing we are trying to claim gets magically transferred to a non-local Places listing, because trying to view the listing from the dashboard takes us to a brand new plus page, which seems to have no direct connection to the Places listing

Anyone else getting this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen that yet. Is this in the new or old dash? Would it be possible for you to add a screen shot?

When I saw the subject I was coming to say I'd seen similar posts at Google forum.

It seems almost like the Google Places listing we are trying to claim gets magically transferred to a non-local Places listing, because trying to view the listing from the dashboard takes us to a brand new plus page, which seems to have no direct connection to the Places listing

Anyone else getting this?

Check this post by Phil, sounds like the same thing. Read down a couple for screenshot.

http://localsearchforum.catalystema...-longer-accommodates-more-than.html#post34585

But both you and Phil used the term "non-local Places listing". I tried to find out what Phil meant and now you say it too.

How can a Places listing be non-local? I don't get the terminology, can you explain?

New Dashboard. Wish I could share more specifics to help with troubleshooting

So in the dashboard it acts like a regular not-yet verified listing. I'm able to go in and make edits to the profile and everything

Pinmissing1.jpg

Clicking Enter PIN takes us to the regular page for that, except it's all grayed out

Pinmissing2.jpg

But both you and Phil used the term "non-local Places listing". I tried to find out what Phil meant and now you say it too.

Sorry, that was a typo, meant to say "non-local Plus listing".

I first thought of Phil's post when we got this, but these are brand new accounts where we are claiming an existing listing, not ones that have been claimed before

Wish I could give better examples, but here's the structure of the URL for two pages

Places Pages (That we are claiming):
Places page.jpg

Plus Business page (Where the G+ button in Dashboard links to):
Plus page.jpg

Places page.jpg

Plus page.jpg

Pinmissing1.jpg

Pinmissing2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matthew, I've escalated this to Google.

I'm now going to let them know about your latest post which could shed some light.

This seems somehow related to the fact that G+ verified pages create a duplicate Place page now.

Do you know if any of these clients had created a G+ Business page and verified it???

Unfortunately I personally don't have direct contact with the businesses so I can't verify, but it's unlikely that they have created/verified their own G+ Page.

I'm going to go test something real quick with creating new pages

I just checked again and it looks like Google has fixed it! It's no longer grayed out and we can enter PINs in again. Yay!

Thanks for your comments, guys, and thanks for escalating it to Google, Linda! That seemed to do the trick

Google tells me this issue has been resolved.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing difficulty.

I had noticed the error on Tuesday, and tried in several browsers to no luck.

Went back late Wednesday and it worked fine.

So must of just been a temporary glitch.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom