More threads by standenman

standenman

Banned
Reaction score
I have worked hard to cultivate positive client reviews, and I now enjoy a significant leg up on my competitors as we appear in the 7-pack. My business niche has gone from competitive to uber-competitive in the last 4-5 years and I think I am still missing out on many leads because the 7-pack for my competitive keywords consistently shows below the fold.

I have created an AdWords ad to try to parlay my good reviews a little further and direct the eye to the 7-pack down the page. It would seem if this strategy works I would "enjoy" a very low click rate which be very nice, but I would guess going forward Google would view the ad as "unproductive' and both limit showings and increase CPC. On the other hand if I have to pay more for clicks on the ad I wouldfigure I am still ahead in getting results from the ad without paying for a click.

And on this latter point I am concerned and seek input because it is hard to see how the Google greed machine would not punish me in some way eventually.

Attachments

• DenmanLawOfficeLocalReviewStrategy.pdf
    370.3 KB · Views: 1,429
Hi Stan,

It's great you're using PPC, in addition to worrying about your "maps" visibility.

That is not an effective ad. Too many people are going to get lost by looking at that ad. They're going to think the "reviews below" refers to your sitelinks extensions. Or they'll see someone else's ad or Google+ Local listing and forget about you.

Also, as you alluded to, your CTR and QS are going to be in the gutter.

An AdWords ad should exist for one reason: to get the click. Of course, you only want to get clicks from the right people, which is why you use things like negatives.

I see your point Phil. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

My pleasure, Stan. It's a clever approach - just probably too clever for would-be clickers.

I agree with Phil. Make your advertising so simple that even the stupidest brain dead clicker would understand it. Not being sarcastic either. Ads should be brain dead simple. Think of an ultra confused brand new internet user who is over 80 years old, the ad should make sense to them

I have worked hard to cultivate positive client reviews, and I now enjoy a significant leg up on my competitors as we appear in the 7-pack. My business niche has gone from competitive to uber-competitive in the last 4-5 years and I think I am still missing out on many leads because the 7-pack for my competitive keywords consistently shows below the fold.

I have created an AdWords ad to try to parlay my good reviews a little further and direct the eye to the 7-pack down the page. It would seem if this strategy works I would "enjoy" a very low click rate which be very nice, but I would guess going forward Google would view the ad as "unproductive' and both limit showings and increase CPC. On the other hand if I have to pay more for clicks on the ad I wouldfigure I am still ahead in getting results from the ad without paying for a click.

And on this latter point I am concerned and seek input because it is hard to see how the Google greed machine would not punish me in some way eventually.

Why not use the Adwords Review Ad Extension to do this more effectively? That way, you can display your reviews within the ad unit without confusing users and affecting your CTR.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3465883?hl=en&rd=1

Nice thinking outside the box but AdWords doesn't like outside the box thinking and you'll end up with minimum CPC that's higher than if your ad was optimized legitimately.

I agree with Phil. My eye would go to the sitelinks to try and find reviews. I also don't think the message would get me to click.

So you've been doing this since ? That wouldn't matter to me, honestly, especially since so many others claim "experience."

What's your customer's pain? Address that.

This might work better:

"Disability or ERISA Claim Denied?
Call Us for a Free Consultation!"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom