More threads by Dialady

Reaction score
When I started using Google Local many moons ago, I placed all of my clients under my own Google login. I have about a dozen clients there and it has yet to upgrade to the new Google+Local dashboard. These are verified listings and do not have Google+ pages setup for them.

I've been setting up newer clients on Google+Local with their own Google logins. Results have been fabulous.

For the dozen clients verified under my Google Login, My question is . . .

Should I UNVERIFY the listings in my login and create listing under their own Google logins for these longtime clients. This will also give them the Google+ pages they need without creating a merging problem.

Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Theresa :cool:

Oh dear, that's a big problem.

I guess you know now you should not have done that, but hindsight is 20/20 right? ;)

Ya I doubt your dash will ever upgrade to the new dash due to having all those unrelated businesses in there, but even if it did it would create other problems.

Ya the only thing I can think of is to delete from your dash (not from maps) and then reclaim in a new account. Make sure it's the CLIENTS account and ideally with their domain email.

Warning though, one of the ramifications of what's been done, is that when you start over with the new CID your clients could potentially lose all their reviews AND lose their rankings.

I think I've heard consultants here say they have done it successfully without a hitch but I'm unsure of the flow. Maybe they said if you release and reclaim quickly you don't lose anything. Not sure.

Let's wait and get feedback from others that have done it.

That's a tough one.

You can wait for the dashboard upgrade and then transfer ownership to your clients account.

But, like Linda said, who knows when your dashboard will be upgraded.

I have removed listings from the old dashboard and claimed into a different account that DID have the new dashboard a few times and it has always worked out just fine.

There are risks, like Linda said, but I haven't seen them happen in this scenario when removing from old and claiming into the new Dashboard.

You can wait for the dashboard upgrade and then transfer ownership to your clients account.

But, like Linda said, who knows when your dashboard will be upgraded.

Most dashboards have been upgraded except the super problematic ones that can't be done automatically or that Google can't figure out what to do with. I have a feeling that this scenario would be one of those.

Have you tried phone support? They were able to help me with a couple of listings and transferred the reviews over to the new listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom