More threads by revium

revium

Reaction score
I searched through the forum and found some discussions regarding address changes, but not one that specifically addressed what to do if the phone number did not change.

I have started working with a company that is changing their address and business name, but is keeping the same phone number. I am thinking that I will not be able to create a new listing until the business moves otherwise both listings will have the same phone number.

If I can claim all of the existing listings for the current locations, should I be able to update the business name and address for it without re-verification after they move, or is it better to just claim all existing locations and then once they move mark the old ones as closed and create new listings for the new location?

The company would like to have some online presence for their new location when they move, but I am not sure that is realistic.

Thanks

I have started working with a company that is changing their address and business name, but is keeping the same phone number. I am thinking that I will not be able to create a new listing until the business moves otherwise both listings will have the same phone number.

Changing address without phone is not a big deal. Companies do that all the time that just move nearby and keep the number.

Changing both the name and address is a bigger deal.

If I can claim all of the existing listings for the current locations, should I be able to update the business name and address for it without re-verification after they move, or is it better to just claim all existing locations and then once they move mark the old ones as closed and create new listings for the new location?

All the listings (plural)? current locations (plural) ???

So at 1st sounded like one location was moving. So should only have one listing. But then you started using all these plurals. But then you said "create new listings for the new location" singular.

So I'm confused. How many locations? How many Place pages?

. I am thinking that I will not be able to create a new listing until the business moves otherwise both listings will have the same phone number.

...then once they move mark the old ones as closed and create new listings for the new location?

The company would like to have some online presence for their new location when they move, but I am not sure that is realistic.

Couple issues here...

1st off even if it was a brand new business you can't do a listing until it's open for business. 2 weeks prior is max. And be sure the site does not still say "moving soon" or "new location opening soon". I've seen Google check the site and close the listing if the new location is not open yet.

Also the current process is to simply edit the existing listing. You no longer need to close old and open new. So that takes care of the issue. Just edit the listing about a week before they move. I'd start doing citations though maybe a month or 2 prior, so when you change address Google can pick up trust signals that the new name and location is valid.

Hope this helps and best of luck,

Linda

Linda,

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Sorry my question was confusing. When I said multiple listings I was referring to listings on multiple directories/sites (Google, Yelp, etc.) that need to be claimed for the single location. The business has just a single location and a single Place page.

Should I be able to edit an existing location and change the address and business name?

Thanks again

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom