More threads by Former Member

Reaction score
More than one listing under "Reviews from across the web"

I wanted to consult with everyone here to see if this is an actual issue. Under the "Reviews from across the web" section in Places... or Google+ Local... or whatever it's called today I'm so confused...

it seems to be showing multiple Superpages sections or headings. Does this mean there are duplicates within in Superpages that I should be looking into?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at:

I can provide company name/listing if necessary.

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I just clicked on all four Superpages listings... and they all went to the exact same, single Superpages listing with the correct NAP.

Odd.

Re: More than one listing under "Reviews from across the web"

Anyone have an answer to this?

Those represent* distinct reviews on SuperPages.

(*That's assuming everything's working OK and there isn't some bug.)

But multiple SuperPages reviews on the same day (April 21, 2013)? Seems fishy.

Those represent* distinct reviews on SuperPages.

(*That's assuming everything's working OK and there isn't some bug.)

But multiple SuperPages reviews on the same day (April 21, 2013)? Seems fishy.

All the links listed go to the same Superpages citation. On the listing, there is only ONE review from April 21, 2013 and one other review from earlier that year (2 total).

That's why its so odd. It's essentially taking one legit review and showing it as four in my google account.

It's hard to say much more without a link to the SuperPages listing.

Interesting case. Thanks for sending the info.

Google appears to be scraping other elements of the SuperPages page - the whole thing, not just your client's listing.

Go to his listing and do a Ctrl+F search for some of the gibberish that Google has pulled into the reviews dashboard. "LocalChoice" is from the Roto-Rooter banner ad. The "Flood Co-Dry Stuff" is from a sidebar ad. The fragments at the tops are from various buttons - "write a review," "add your listing," etc.

I'd be interested in knowing whether the "Review Analytics" -> "Volume of Reviews" area is showing 4 SuperPages reviews.

I haven't seen this before. Clearly it's a bug. But why Google is mistaking this obviously non-review info for reviews - and why only on SuperPages - is beyond me.

Re: More than one listing under "Reviews from across the web"

Thanks for the help Phil! I'll take a look at the volume of reviews and analytics when I get back to work and report back.

Google appears to be scraping other elements of the SuperPages page - the whole thing, not just your client's listing.

I haven't seen this before. Clearly it's a bug. But why Google is mistaking this obviously non-review info for reviews - and why only on SuperPages - is beyond me.

I see similar mistakes in my G+ dash. For example, they say I have 7 reviews on Houzz.com, which is correct. However, when I look at the expanded list of reviews it includes comments I have made in the Houzz community threads.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom