More threads by travelincat

Reaction score
I'm working with a company in South Africa and cannot find any country listings for either Bing or Yahoo Local. I located Google+ Local's listing of countries, but no luck with the others.

Anyone know of a list for either?

thx,

marc

Yahoo doesn't have local search functionality available in many countries in the world, and this is the case with South Africa, too.

Bing have business data exchange relationship with Nokia, so the only way to get a listing on Bing Maps for South Africa might be to submit one through Nokia PrimePlaces:
HERE PrimePlaces

On a side note, this is the official business data partner of Google for South Africa: Easyinfo . You might want to have your client listed there, too.

Bing Places is available only for businesses in the USA, UK, Spain, Italy, India, Germany, Canada, Brazil and Australia. I dunno if Yahoo Local works for businesses outside USA.

Thanks for the replies. This has been an interesting challenge. Hopefully I will have some positive results to report back here in a few months.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom