More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Interesting article with screenshots showing the difference in Google Local SERPs layout between desktop, Android and Jelly Bean.

Understanding mobile search: Differences in ?Local Intent? Google SERPs | Tnooz

With this new search function, Google has arranged the local results in a Google Now style card format featuring prominently up top, before any of the paid or organic listings.

?Big deal,? you might say. ?This is just Google Now doing its personal assistant thing, like Tnooz told us about here.? But we have actually confirmed that these results are identical whether you have enabled or refused Google Now, so this is not actually a Google Now related action.

It?s clear to us that Google is moving in a bold direction to push the priority of local listings to mobile users, above paid listings and organic results. What is unclear at this point is whether this behavior will translate to other OS? versions of the Google Search app, such as iOS or older versions of Android, or whether this behavior will perhaps be implemented in mobile browser Google results entirely.

Google Maps for mobile devices also gives different results that Google Maps for desktop, as I discovered once or twice while navigating with printouts from the desktop version and then used my phone when I got lost.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom