More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Does anyone have experience uploading photos using Google's New Bulk upload tool?

It's not possible to upload photos from a computer. You must submit the photos URL.

Playing around with Picasa, but I feel like I'm missing something.

What's the best way to obtain a URL for an image? Photo sharing sites?

Not sure how many your doing, but what about just dropping them into a folder on one of your hosted websites? Picasa should work fine and its already linked to Google

Ideally, you'll put the images up in a folder on the clients domain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can I find info on the new bulk upload tool?

Where can I find info on the new bulk upload tool?

https://support.google.com/business/#topic=3465911

---------- Post Merged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Picasa should work fine and its already linked to Google

Thanks Dusty. How do you go about uploading a photo to Picasa and then grabbing a link that would be formatted to add using the Google Places bulk upload tool? (I'm good with the upload to Picasa part)

Colan, is this new? Or is it the same interface and process as they've always had, but with new help files? If it's actually new, what's different about it and do you know when they released the new version?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's a new interface. I think any Google accounts that have the new Places Dashboard will also have the new Bulk Upload interface within that same account.

I am going to say it's been around for a few months.

I see. Thanks Colan. I think that's just some UI tweaks, and not a new process. SIM Partners are predicting a new and improved bulk management process in this post, and I was just wondering if maybe it was rolled out already.

Its been a while since I used it, but here is Picasa help: https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/44571?hl=en. I would think linking from a folder on a domain would be easier though. mywebsite.com/images/image1.jpg, mywebsite.com/images/image2.jpg, mywebsite.com/images/image3.jpg, etc.... Sorry, don't have much to offer with bulk uploads.

How do you go about uploading a photo to Picasa and then grabbing a link that would be formatted to add using the Google Places bulk upload tool?

Darren, this seems to be the same interface with tweaked features. After checking some of our accounts, it's confirmed to be available to bulk users on both the new AND old Places Dashboards. Here's a good rundown of what's changed: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4542428?&ref_topic=3465911

Maybe this is a step towards the improved bulk tool predicted in our post? Places accounts that have been using bulk management on the old dashboard still haven't been rolled over to the new dashboard. We're still waiting to see a version that addresses things like allowing social to be merged into bulk managed listings, a faster data push process, etc. (benefits available on the new dashboard). Hopefully this is the beginning, not the end, of Google's bulk tool upgrades.

I see. Thanks Colan. I think that's just some UI tweaks, and not a new process. SIM Partners are predicting a new and improved bulk management process in this post, and I was just wondering if maybe it was rolled out already.

Did you guys see the post I made today about the improvement they just made to bulk?

Google Local Bulk Upload Improvements

Nothing to do with photo capability but does show they are working on making improvements.

I had a meeting with Google management on Monday and bulk is definitely on the radar. They just have lots of other things in the works now too, so it's a matter of resources and priorities.

Missed that. Thanks Linda!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom