More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I just discovered this really awesome and comprehensive guide to Google Business View put together by John M Lynch over at Plus Your Business.

In case you weren't aware "Business View" is the new name for what was previously called "Google Business Photos". And John shows some great examples of what some businesses are doing with the service. Just amazing!

A Guide to Google Maps Business View - Plus Your Business

As with all new products there was a bit of tweaking to get it right and today it has come of age and has been rebranded Google Maps Business View – catchy I know! But at least there is no denying what it is – a Maps product that lets you view a business.
So how does it work?

Business Views is attached to the Business’ Google+ Local Business Page. It is accessed through numerous Google digital real estate:

The Knowledge
Graph Maps Search
Pegman Search
Google+ Local Business Page

Throughout the Google digital real estate Business View is presented as "See Inside".

Here is the actual Google page about the service, with instructions for getting started.

Business View – About – Google Maps

2 of our "Local Search Pros" are Trusted Photographers too so if you are in their area, you could contact them directly.

Louis Nava in San Diego
And Malcolm Maybury in the UK

Or if you have any questions about Business View, ask them here and I'll see if they can help.

RELATED POSTS:

Google Business Photos May Correlate With Higher Local Search Ranking

Killer, High End, Out-of-the-Box Ideas for Local Business Listings

What Are The Advantages of Using a Google Trusted Photographer?

Are Google Business Photos a Trust Factor for Your Local Rankings? | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

Fantastic read and show-and-tell. Good find, Linda. (Goes nicely with the post I just did, too.)

I've been digging the GBV tours recently, and have recommended them to several clients. A couple have pulled the trigger.

Embedding a GBV tour on your site can be a PITA - what with the "new" Maps. But it can be done. If anyone here is having trouble, feel free to ping me.

Thanks Linda. We have a lot of clients calling us asking about this.

Good read!

Two of our team members just got approved as well, one for Las Vegas and one for Henderson, NV. They just have to complete their training before they get added to the Google list.

I am totally intrigued by this service. Not sure if it just a new bright shiny object or that it really is the next big deal, but either way, we are on it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it just a new bright shiny object or that it really is the next big deal, but either way, we are on it. :D

I think it's both and agree it's super exciting.

Even on a very small local scale think of the viral marking and word of mouth potential.

Which could lead to some nice local natural links...

And also DEF will increase click-throughs and time on page which we know are ranking factors.

Nice. This would make a great tool to get customers interested in visiting a business.

Fantastic read and show-and-tell. Good find, Linda. (Goes nicely with the post I just did, too.)

I've been digging the GBV tours recently, and have recommended them to several clients. A couple have pulled the trigger.

Embedding a GBV tour on your site can be a PITA - what with the "new" Maps. But it can be done. If anyone here is having trouble, feel free to ping me.

Yeah I just revert to classic maps and grab the code from there to embed them. Surprisingly most of clients are still on classic maps anyway.

@ Linda, Thank you for that mention, You are the best!

To add to the guide:

• The minimum POI shots are 10 but we can go way above that. It's been suggested that we should try to do at least 15-20 when possible. The point of interest shots are a great way to dress up the pages with the visuals that businesses procrastinate on or just don't do. And it does go hand in hand with Phil's latest post. ;) Although we can't upload the cover photo it would be nice to see that in the future.

• Tours are also accessible via their connection to Street View (whenever possible). On classic maps you will see a double arrow pointing toward a business and toward the street for a seem-less transition from Street View to Business View. On new maps and mobile a single arrow will point towards the doors/buildings/streets.

Known issues:

• The mobile version doesn't have the elevator feature for multilevel tours
  • Classic maps will start a tour on the second level if location has multi-level

It's a superb product/service and the word is still getting out there but not as widely known as we all think it should be. Sometimes it can be a challenge for business owners to fully understand the capabilities and the impact this can have on a business. It's fun to explore those ideas with owners who understand it.

So far as the service has grown in maturity and so has the benefits for the businesses who have the tour. And I think it will continue to reveal many benefits this year and beyond.

I've seen major differences between those businesses who put the tour on their website vs. those who don't. And Linda hit that nail on the head... staying power!

Good read!

Two of our team members just got approved as well, one for Las Vegas and one for Henderson, NV. They just have to complete [their training] before they get added to the Google list.

I am totally intrigued by this service. Not sure if it just a new bright shiny object or that it really is the next big deal, but either way, we are on it. :D

Greg, not sure which team you're talking about - if you're actually working with Google, please remember you've signed an NDA with them that covers the internal certification process. Specifically the number of shoots required to be listed is covered by that NDA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts edited. I think Greg was just really excited and didn't realize that was confidential.

Its a pretty cool tool but seems a little undermarketed by Google, we had handful of clients get it done...its there definitely a first mover advantage in getting it done for some types of businesses:

Here's one client example:

Contact Didgeridoo Breath

Cool store Brenden and cool tour!

I just watched the vid too. Talk about love your work! You can just feel his passion!

@Brendan Other than improving user experience, Are you seeing any positive results from doing this? Thanks for posting the link...Looks snazzy adding a 360.

@Brendan Other than improving user experience, Are you seeing any positive results from doing this? Thanks for posting the link...Looks snazzy adding a 360.

Honestly, nothing tangible.

The business already dominates local completely for the target terms so no way to gauge the impact from a local SEO perspective. The homepage video has had much more impact.

My feeling is that it would only really tangibly (is that a word?) benefit businesses that photos already play a big part in their marketing - eg accommodation businesses

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom