More threads by WineCountryCarpetCleaning

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I looked around and didn't find it.

I am wondering if at a certain point it is possible to look like you are spamming your own address? I use hcard for NAP on the sidebar of my site and schema.og local business on the footer. I also use geotagging for any blog posts (via a geotagging WP plugin)

Should I eliminate one of the formats of NAP in favor of just plain text? or is this okay?

I personally would not have mixed NAP markup on the same page. I would pick either hcard or Schema, I would not use both. And really no reason to have NAP in the sidebar AND the footer either. Pick one place and one markup and that's all you need.

I personally would not have mixed NAP markup on the same page. I would pick either hcard or Schema, I would not use both. And really no reason to have NAP in the sidebar AND the footer either. Pick one place and one markup and that's all you need.
Which of the two markups do you prefer?

For a long time I preferred hCard because sometimes I just feel the old tried and true works better. But I think Schema is now mature and adoption is wide. Google has been showing a lot of support for it so I think Schema is the way forward.

I want to second Linda's recommendation for Schema format. I switched to that several months ago because based on everything I was reading, it seemed to be the "way forward."

Travis Van Slooten

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom