More threads by Brian Reynolds

Reaction score
Re: Service Area Business w/ Hidden Address - G+ Business Page Merge

Hi Linda,

I deleted my old G+ Business Page, created a new one (https://plus.google.com/<wbr>113318441678755168045/), <wbr style="font-family: arial, sans-serif;">built it up while waiting for the verification PIN, submitted Pin yesterday, and today my page is suspended again.

I can't believe it, the only thing I could see that might be wrong is that my map (address) was visible to public so I have now hidden it and have re-submitted for review.

Any ideas...should I have skipped verification?

Thank you,
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Service Area Business w/ Hidden Address - IMPORTANT UPDATE G+ Business Page Merge

If this is a G+ page rather than a G+ Local page; service area business that must hide their addresses are not allowed to verify such pages.

Hi Brian, you posted in the Important Update general thread so since you were asking for specific help with your listing I moved you to your own help thread.

Flash is right, you should have had your Places address hidden and should not have tried to merge/verify Google+.

I'm a little confused - were you talking G+ business pages or Google+ Local AKA Place pages in your original comment?

Were you saying 1st you had a Google+ Local AKA Place page. Then deleted it and created a Google+ Business page??? Why would you do that?

When you say "re-submitted for review" exactly what do you mean? How did you do that? Please provide link or screen shot.

Brian, just searched and found 4 listings in close proximity, all with hidden addresses. Appears you may be violating guidelines if any of these are claimed and seems like they must be since addresses are hidden.

You can't create multiple listings just to rank in different cities. You can't use friends or family or workers addresses to create listings. Is that what you are doing?

GUIDELINES: Business Location: Use a precise, accurate address to describe your business location.

Do not create a listing or place your pin marker at a location where the business does not physically exist.

Businesses that operate in a service area, as opposed to a single location, should not create a listing for every city they service.

Here are links to all: (561) 746-7969 - Google Maps

Is one of those listings the one you were referring to in your original post?

Hello,

Thanks for moving me to the right place and for responding. I have attached A screenshot of the G+ Business page listing that is associated with my personal G+ profile ( https://plus.google.com/100952169518521674624/about).

My Local AKA Place page is claimed and managed by a Company that I trust and the listing is at this address: https://plus.google.com/110836522459035854973/about.

I know there are other local listings have not claimed any other Local listings. I am trying to get my G+ Business page to work and have no luck.

Hope that clarifies my dilemma.

Thank you

G+ Business Page Screenshot.jpg

Thanks Brian for the additional details and screen shot - that helps.

Re the other locations - I assumed because addresses were hidden you had claimed and set them up. That's odd that Google would scrape and add listings to the map with no address. I guess they scraped a bunch of phone #s and cities you have on Insider Pages and other places and just created listings. Just odd that they would create them with no address.

Anyway for the listing at hand. The G+ Local page AKA Place page looks fine now that address is hidden.

All you need to do is delete the G+ page. Here is the Google doc about the issue again for reference. Service Area Business with a verified social local Google+ page?

That will leave you with the G+ Local page which is all you can have right now.

Brian, I don't think you are understanding. You cannot verify a G+ Business page. Google does not allow SABs to do so. They may in the future, but their system is not set up to allow it right now, as the Business pages do not have the ability to hide your address.

Thank you for your feedback, and it is a bit confusing for me with so many options. I mean, who wouldn't want to be verified (seemed like a great idea to me).

Do I delete the page I created, and create another one without verifying, or do I go without a G+ Business page for now?

Thanks again!

If it was me I would just delete for now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom