More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
David Mihm kicked off the new year right with a great post over at the Hubspot blog. So I wanted to share it and see if anyone else has any other New Year predictions for local search.

How Local Search Will Evolve in 2013 [6 Predictions]

A decade from now, when the next John Battelle writes the definitive retrospective on the mobile-local internet, my guess is that 2012 will be viewed as the tipping point for local search. At Google, 2011 may well be viewed as more critical, but 2012 was a much bigger year for the space as a whole, especially from the consumer?s and business owner?s perspective...

2013 will not, I think, be a year of radical changes in the local search paradigm. Rather, it?s going to be a year in which existing technologies and platforms mature and the potential of some thus far disconnected features at Google and Facebook begins to be realized.

Read more: How Local Search Will Evolve in 2013 [6 Predictions]

So what do you think? Was David right on?

Do you have any predictions for local search in 2013?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom