More threads by Janell H

Reaction score
Hello!

We work with many dental practices, and some of those clients have multiple dentists at each location.

I know in one of your responses (http://localsearchforum.catalystema...troubleshooting-best-practices.html#post32552) you mention that it could hurt search rankings and google balloon opportunities if you don't manage multiple practitioner Plus listings properly.

I'm wondering what you recommend when dealing with dental practices who have multiple dentists at each location. And what do you mean when you mention that multiple listings could hurt you if you don't know how to manage them?

Do you have any other articles that talk about how to properly manage listings for multiple practitioners?

Thanks so much!!

Hi Janelle,

I cover all this in my training and back when I still worked with clients, I specialized in Dentistry so much of my training revolves around Dental examples and common problems like Dr dupes.

Google will no longer remove practitioner listings and it can cause you to lose reviews as well as ranking if you do it wrong.

I wrote up a strategy for dealing with the ranking problem below. All the consultants that have tried it tell me it works well.

Read both in detail in order.

Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read This

Overcoming New Google Places Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Doctors, Attorneys

IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't claim the Dr dupes, just minimize using edit details.
(Do a user edit.)

Now one exception most people don't know about is single Dr practices.

If Dr. Jones owns Alpine Dental and is the only Dentist. If there is a Dr dupe and he wants to get rid of it - in the case of single practitioner ONLY Google will merge the listings. Then all reviews and citations will be on a single listing that could be named: Alpine Dental - Alan Jones DDS
or Alpine Dental: Alan Jones DDS

You posted this in the + Business page section and asked about Plus pages but I don't think that's what you meant because pure + pages don't rank.

Moving this to the duplicate forum since this is really about dupes.

Thank you so much! I am going to read those 2 articles you sent. I noticed both are from 2012...did Google make any changes to multiple practitioner listings since then?

Just the one I noted where a single practitioner can have a single listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom