More threads by spainops

Reaction score
Hi,

New here - seems a great forum :)

My client has dropped right out of the Maps listings - he ranked in the 7 pack consistently for 2 years.

I had lots of citations built and I noticed the address in maps/G+ seems to have mysteriously changed. No longer has his postcode or first line of address. I have tried changing it in maps and the change goes pending but when it's updated again the postcode and first line of address are missing :(

Also tried changing in G+ and exactly the same thing happened

It's a UK address - https://maps.google.com/maps?cid=13237085509604563162
I've been trying to add "5 donkin house" and postcode "SE16 3PQ"

Could this address problem be why he suddenly has dropped out for his primary keyword "man and van london" - BUT he is ranking for other terms.

Thanks for any help !

Si

Last edited by a moderator:
(Moved your post because it was added to someone else's thread and if posting request for help on a specific listing needs to be posted down here in the help section.)

My client has dropped right out of the Maps listings - he ranked in the 7 pack consistently for 2 years.

I had lots of citations built and I noticed the address in maps/G+ seems to have mysteriously changed. No longer has his postcode or first line of address. I have tried changing it in maps and the change goes pending but when it's updated again the postcode and first line of address are missing :(

Did you have the settings set up properly to hide his address in the dashboard?

Were you aware it's a violation for service area businesses to have their full address showing?

That's the reason the street address is not showing. Google may have changed it. But you should check your settings in dashboard to make sure you aren't still in violation there.

Hi,

New here - seems a great forum :)

Could this address problem be why he suddenly has dropped out for his primary keyword "man and van london" - BUT he is ranking for other terms.

Likely he stopped ranking for "man and van london" because it's a violation to add that complete phrase to the business name field.

In the past you could not add any keywords or a city to business name. That was recently changed and now a single descriptor is allowed. EITHER a single descriptor like main business category OR city but not both.

(Moved your post because it was added to someone else's thread and if posting request for help on a specific listing needs to be posted down here in the help section.)

Did you have the settings set up properly to hide his address in the dashboard?

Were you aware it's a violation for service area businesses to have their full address showing?

That's the reason the street address is not showing. Google may have changed it. But you should check your settings in dashboard to make sure you aren't still in violation there.

Likely he stopped ranking for "man and van london" because it's a violation to add that complete phrase to the business name field.

In the past you could not add any keywords or a city to business name. That was recently changed and now a single descriptor is allowed. EITHER a single descriptor like main business category OR city but not both.

Thanks ever so much Linda for your reply - I obviously haven't got a clue !

"Did you have the settings set up properly to hide his address in the dashboard?" - originally it was set to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" - I added "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" in an attempt to get the address to show.

Do you recommend leaving just the serve at their location set ?.

"Were you aware it's a violation for service area businesses to have their full address showing?" - No I wasn't - thanks !

"Likely he stopped ranking for "man and van london" because it's a violation to add that complete phrase to the business name field." -
I read the other post(s) on the forum about this and thought it may be ok now with the recent announcement (whilst before somehow I got away with it !). Would you suggest "Eazy2move London" or use the primary category ie "Eazy2move Moving & Storage Service" ?

Thanks again - it's so good of you to help me :)

Si

To properly hide address you need to have service area section set up like this:

1) Select: "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location"

2) Be sure to DE-SELECT: "I also serve customers at my business address".

Re the descriptor to add, technically I think "Moving & Storage Service" is too long to fit the SINGLE descriptor rule. Technically that's 2 separate services lumped together. Think you could do Moving Company OR London. I'm not sure which is best. AND I'm not sure it will matter that much to ranking. It used to be that having city or KWs in name helped you rank higher, but I'm assuming since they changed this rule they must have also devalued KWs/city in title. Or at least I'm hoping they did.

To properly hide address you need to have service area section set up like this:

1) Select: "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location"

2) Be sure to DE-SELECT: "I also serve customers at my business address".

Re the descriptor to add, technically I think "Moving & Storage Service" is too long to fit the SINGLE descriptor rule. Technically that's 2 separate services lumped together. Think you could do Moving Company OR London. I'm not sure which is best. AND I'm not sure it will matter that much to ranking. It used to be that having city or KWs in name helped you rank higher, but I'm assuming since they changed this rule they must have also devalued KWs/city in title. Or at least I'm hoping they did.

Thanks Linda your a star

Si

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom