More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Most pros here are going to know about these resources, but thought it may be useful for newer consultants and SMBs.

powertools.png

<a href="http://blog.woorank.com/2014/04/10-local-seo-tools-to-make-your-business-awesome-really/">10 Local SEO Tools To Make Your Business Awesome. Really. - The WooRank Blog</a>

In today?s post I am going to list 10 popularly used and effective local SEO tools along with some of their alternatives, that will drive you through local SEO success, much faster.

From on-page and off-page SEO (involving local keywords), Google Places, Google+ Local, other local citations to online reviews, we have entailed all these important local SEO ranking factors in our post How To Boost Your Local SEO.

In addition to the 10 featured tools there are lists of other tools.

Notably missing are 2 of the most popular local rank tracking programs.
Places Scout (The most full featured IMO) and the most well known, BrightLocal was not even on the list. So I'm not sure how much the author specializes in local, but there is still a good list of tools, if you are unfamiliar with what's available.

But if you need help selecting, just ask and you'll get lots of opinions from some very experienced pros who are members here.

powertools.png

Hi Linda - thanks for flagging up that post. It's odd that BrightLocal, Placesscout or SweetIQ don't really feature in that list. I appreciate that we compete with WooRank to some degree but if they want to provide a genuine list & resource for their users they need to include these 3 services.

Maybe they fear us - i don't know why - we're nice guys and play nice too :)

I'm with Myles. That roundup isn't so good. Some real holes.

They missed the USPS ZIP Lookup, too.

I got to say that Bright Local is fantastic. And Myles and crew offer up some of the best customer service I have encountered. I have been blown away on several occasions.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Thanks Colan - i appreciate the kind words & support. We have a great relationship with the guys at Imprezzio and enjoy working with you, Joy & the team.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom