More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
Thank you for the post Miriam. I have a few businesses in mind that can use this.

Free Local SEO Education for Businesses on a Shoestring Budget

Local SEOs: We've had this conversation again and again in the community over the years. On a regular basis, you receive calls from extremely nice local business owners whom you'd love to help but who just haven't set aside appropriate funding to obtain your services. You have to give them the bad news and turn them away. You feel sort of glum about this and may even be worried that the business owner will sign up for something enticingly cheap and potentially harmful elsewhere. The point of this post is to give you a single link you can share with such business owners, encouraging them to invest time in free education until they have saved up the budget to hire a pro. This article will let you end these tough conversations on a truly positive note!

Local Business Owners: If you don't yet have the funding to engage a pro, making time to learn about basic local SEO practices is the smartest thing you can do. This article contains my top pick links to exceptional free educational resources. Make use of the fact that experts gladly share what they know in blog posts, guides and studies and you can begin your local search marketing on your own, firmly grounded in best practices. Here, you will find everything you need to know about the foundational major components of a local search campaign, all in one place. If you can't yet invest the money, invest the time to learn how to get your local business off to a great start on the web!

Miriam has really put out a lot of quality Local SEO blog posts on the Moz blog this year. It seems ever since David Mihm came on board Moz has done a lot more with Local (check their Moz Local product out). Thanks for the share!

Thanks so much Justin.

Totally agree with you Eric. Miriam + David + Moz =s more great local content all the time.

Thanks for the incredibly nice comments, Justin, Eric and Linda. I'm flattered :)

Things Local-wise are definitely exciting at Moz right now! And I really do hope this latest article will give agencies like yours a positive exit with local business owners who contact you without having first set aside a reasonable budget. With the right education, they can start on the work themselves, hopefully start seeing some ROI and then be able to hire you for further work down the road.

Really appreciate this being shared here!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom