More threads by Kristen

Reaction score
I came across something interesting and wanted to see if anyone had some insight on whether schema markup or Open Graph protocol on a page would pull in an image next to a blog post in organic search. I'm not talking authorship here, this is the image that is embedded in the post itself.

On the following search, best sites to get reviews you'll see at first what might look like a video ranking #1, when it is in fact an image screenshot of the video on this blog post.

I see in the meta tags (below), they are using Open Graph to identify the image, but other than that, I'm not sure how this is being done.

<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.mannixmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Online-Reviews-Video-Jeremy-Abel.png" />

blogpost.jpg

Anyone have experience in successfully implementing this? It would be great to know how to successfully mark up blog posts and pull images into the SERPS.

Thanks,
Kristen

blogpost.jpg

They are using video schema. The image you're seeing is a thumbnail image to the video posted on their page. You can find the code for entering schema at schema.org

Hi Ross,

Thanks for that! I wasn't aware there was schema available for video. Good to know.

Kristen

Hi Ross,

Thanks for that! I wasn't aware there was schema available for video. Good to know.

Kristen

No problem anytime!

I use a wordpress plugin for my video schema. I believe it's called "Video SEO by Yoast". It's meant specifically for video and will add schema to all your existing videos if you already have a bunch posted.

Great tip! Thanks again! I wasn't aware of that plugin but I'm going to test it out today.

Kristen

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom