More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
Not sure where to focus your review engagement efforts? Phil offers some pros and cons for getting Mobile and desktop reviews.

Local Reviews Strategy: Mobile vs. Desktop

One of my clients ? we?ll call him Greg ? asked me a great question the other day:
He wanted to know whether to gear his review-encouragement efforts toward smartphone users or toward desktop / laptop users.

I knew the ins and outs of his situation, and gave him a quick answer. The essence of it was:

Focus on desktop reviewers if you have to ?focus? on one, but encourage smartphone reviews to the extent customers find that easier.

That would be my general advice to you, even if I knew nothing about your situation.
But ?mobile or desktop?? is a pregnant question. Answering it gets complicated fast.

Here's a great review post from Phil...

<a href="http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2014/05/28/local-reviews-strategy-mobile-vs-desktop/">Local Reviews Strategy: Mobile vs. Desktop | LocalVisibilitySystem.com</a>

One of my clients – we’ll call him Greg – asked me a great question the other day:

He wanted to know whether to gear his review-encouragement efforts toward smartphone users or toward desktop / laptop users.

I knew the ins and outs of his situation, and gave him a quick answer. The essence of it was:

Focus on desktop reviewers if you have to “focus” on one, but encourage smartphone reviews to the extent customers find that easier.

That would be my general advice to you, even if I knew nothing about your situation.

Then he goes on with lots of great pros, cons and tips!

Joy makes a really good point in comments: "I would also add that with Google reviews specifically, they are less likely to be filtered if left from a mobile phone since (provided the phone isn’t connected to wifi) each phone has a unique IP address and if the person is at your location – that is the best time to ask them to leave a review! If you tried doing this via a computer it would just get filtered b/c they would all have the same IP."

What do YOU think?

Haha this time you scooped me Dusty and I missed your post.

So had to merge mine into yours... :p

Yes, even Linda gets scooped and misses posts! ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom