More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Sorry have not had time to post about this... But there has been a big increase in suspended listings over the past week. Many I've seen seem to be service area businesses that MERGED but should not have. But some suspensions are also just Google Place/G+L pages.

IF you have a merged/verfied G+ page and got suspended, there is a new Re-Inclusion form to use.

Many of the suspensions appear to me to be errors or a spam dial that got cranked to high. MANY suspensions are reported as having been overturned a day after using the Re-Inclusion form.

I reported back in November that I found a similar form out in the wild but it was not working yet.
http://localsearchforum.catalystema...einclusion-troubleshooter-do-not-support.html (I found 2 forms. One at Maps and one at Places but they were each crippled or unfinished in different ways.)

Most you probably read Mike's post about it. But in case you missed it, here it is. And my comments follow the quote from Mike.

Suspension and Reinclusion on social G+ Local Pages

The good news? It appears that Google has dramatically improved the messaging around a listing suspension on a merged social G+ Local listing and is offering a direct link to a reinclusion request within the context of the suspension notice on the local Google+ page. No more hunting around trying to figure out whats next.

The bad news? There are an increasing number of suspensions in the social G+Local environment and there are now TWO sets of rules (the Google G+ Local Places (?) Quality Guidelines & the User Content & Conduct Policy) that a business needs to comply with to be sure that the listing is in compliance.

Go read the rest and see screenshots of the troubleshooter he shows which is similar to the one I found in November.

Then as always, read the comments over there too.

Here is my comment with additional details about the suspended listings I've been seeing.

“Are these suspensions only for merged listings, or for unmerged listings as well?”

Yep I’m seeing an increase in suspended across the board, like Mike.

Difference is – if merged you get the working reconsideration link and at least have a chance to be restored if the listing is clean.

However if it’s a pure Place page/G+ Local page and you request review you may be out of luck.

Some reported in my forum suspensions this week and when they request review (on pure Places listings) they are getting this email.

“Thank you for requesting a review of your rejected listing(s).

Unfortunately, this process is no longer supported.
You may create a new listing that adheres to our guidelines in order to
show up on Maps.

If your listing shows as pending, please check on Maps to see if it is
live. In that case please be patient as we are currently overhauling the
reconsideration process. Please also have a look in the Help Center at
Listing is marked as 'Needs Action' - Places for business Help for further updates.”

That email is confusing because on one hand it kinda says you are screwed – start over. On the other hand it’s saying if it’s still live MAYBE there is hope and be patient???

But the pattern I’m seeing on the listings I’m involved it, right after being suspended, the listing may stay live for a few days (giving an ounce of hope) but then disappears… :-(

FYI these are listings where I could see no obvious violations. BUT they had been a little spammy in the past.

What about you?
Any problems with suspended listings in the past week?
Or thoughts on the issue or questions?

Here is advice for pure Place page/G+ L suspensions that just came in from another consultant in this thread: My places page suspended!

IN my experience with suspended accounts, I've always had luck using the troubleshooter
Places for business Help

I follow these steps and 9/10 time, the listings are re-activated. The request reactivation button is a trap in my opinion as it does nothing in terms of reactivating the listing.

Troubleshooter-->I'm having a problem verifying my listing(s) --> I tried PIN verification for a single listing. -->The status is Needs Action . --> Fill out the required information. in the input field "What is the complete title and address of the listing which shows as Needs Action" add your complete title and address but also include a brief description of what is happening and what you would like accomplished. Finally, the "which "needs action" message is showing". select "account suspended".

Doing this will allow someone REAL in Local Support to contact you.

hope that helps

NOTE: There are 2 troubleshooters on the page he linked to. He's referring to using the
Verification Troubleshooter here.

Thanks for all this valuable info Linda. I've actually dodged this situation recently with a new client by straight away following Google's suggestions, and "deleting" the incorrectly merged page.

I have a question regarding the troubleshooter method you mentioned above. You say that "most of the time", they can get re-activated.....Are the chances as high for businesses that have been deleted because of "not hiding their address". The way I understand it is that situation is far more severe.
I heard from a friend today (who runs a local business) that he had his Local ranking deleted, and I feel really bad for him.

I have a question regarding the troubleshooter method you mentioned above. You say that "most of the time", they can get re-activated.....Are the chances as high for businesses that have been deleted because of "not hiding their address". The way I understand it is that situation is far more severe.
I heard from a friend today (who runs a local business) that he had his Local ranking deleted, and I feel really bad for him.

Actually that was not me suggesting the troubleshooter method so I can't answer directly. I was quoting a11c.

And technically I don't think Google probably wants you trying to restore suspended listings that way. BUT if it's totally innocent and you think it was a mistake or false positive I guess it's worth a try.

NO listings that are totally deleted and getting do not support, there is already a specific troubleshooter for that problem. Use the incorrect data troubleshooter instead because it has the option for my listing is missing. And Google DOES recommend that.

See instructions here if you missed them:
Service Area Business with recent "do not support this location" message?
Share that info with your friend.

Ah, my mistake on the quote - sorry about that.

Yes, I've already shared that link with my friend. It's such a shame as he's always had a strong local ranking and now he's in this tough situation.

Hey, with all these Google+ Local complications, it's so needed that you have the G+ Local Training coming up in a couple of weeks! It's nessecary to navigate the minefield that is G+ Local. I look forward to the training! It can't come soon enough!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom