Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook Business Page

I have a Facebook Business Page to target my local customers I do income taxes.
    I share relevant content to local groups and my personnel page friends. I share recipes and crafts for kids. People could care less about tax code information. People are on Facebook to play

I am looking for what other people are doing with their Facebook Business Page to target locals

Thanks,
    Chris
    Please visit my website for all your Santa Paula Income Tax needs.

2. Local Marketing Summit banner in thread
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Facebook Business Page

Have you posted tax tips or write offs? Have you considers asking your community what they would like to hear about? I'm sure you talk to your clients, why not compile a list of most common questions or ask users to submit questions? Create a little Q & A or grab bag session on Facebook than create a blog post after you have a dozen or so questions.

It's all about engagement. You have to keep people interested and encourage them to come out of the shadows and join discussions. It leads to more eyes on your page and content and hopefully additional business. You could even encourage your clients to share how much you helped them earn back on their taxes.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have focused on sharing to local groups. I started out sharing tax tips etc. People got upset with me on this. I was kicked out of one local group etc. Now it is all positive comments from people. People are on Facebook to play not be hit up with ad type stuff.

It was a lesson I learned from it.
    Chris

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be sure, are we talking about posting to your personal page for business purposes or posting to a business page?

While I agree with you that many people are on FB to play, I have yet to come across a business page that people "play" on. I've seen people use their personal FB pages to talk about their business and the tone is jovial but most business pages possess a more professional atmosphere, at least where I have visited.

At the end of the day, you know what works best for your business. Maybe you stumbled into the wrong communities or perhaps people don't take the info seriously. Maybe you could put a different spin on the information. I would stay away from constant promoting though as I've seen that blow up more then once.

I go with the notion on FB that there is no one size fits all approach. That is pretty much my thought on all marketing, more specifically social media. Make sure your business page stays strictly business and your personal page stays personal. You don't have to be bland on your business page either. To some, maybe tax information is boring so find a way to spruce it up and get your message across in a way that resonates well with people. Using MEME's has been a big hit in recent months. I've seen hundreds of different messages with the owner of Dos Equis.

It's up to you to find ways to engage with your audience. Some other ideas:
    - post podcasts to your blog and share it on FB
    - explain the different forms
    - find a way to incorporate videos
    - create a video or tutorial on how to do your own taxes (everyone loves free info but this is where your expertise can shine and turn people to you b/c they are confused or nervous)

Finding a way to leverage FB is important as many people "play" on FB today. You should also consider Google+ as it is said to provide more benefits for SEO. Plus, the communities I've seen on there are much more professional.

Hope this helps.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Facebook Business Page I share my fun posts from my Facebook Business Page, By doing this, it has my business name on the share. My focus is increase contacts with people. I want to increase the number of people I contact. This is my focus I want to build an audience. People are only concerned with taxes during tax season or if they get an IRS letting. All of my contacts are locals
    Chris

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to add this.

I put the post to share on my Business Page, then I share it with my personnel page and it says via my Business page.I am currently adding 10 new friends a week and getting tons of like on my posts. It is June 9th and tax season is not until Jan 15th 2015. There will be people contacting me during the off season. I am very happy with these numbers During Income tax season I will share some clean funny Income Tax cartoons.
    Chris

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I follow the 80/20 rule when posting on behalf of clients. %80 funny/interesting/playful posts and 20% business. Business isn't always a promotion though. I'd look into branches of accounting like financial management. You don't have to post tax tips all year, but you can post money-saving tips.

For example we have coupons that periodically come out from the government for energy-saving (therefore cost-saving) products. I'm not sure if you have those where you're from, but it would be good to post something like "Want to save some money this month? Save $5 on ENERGY STAR qualified LED light bulbs, which can last up to 30 times longer than incandescent bulbs (that could be over 25 years!). (link: https://saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Programs/Instant-Rebates/Coupon-Booklet.aspx)"

Hashtags! I love them for expanding reach. I might tag the above post with #savemoney #saveenergy

When you ARE posting funny/interesting/playful posts, see if you can come up with a unique picture/meme yourself so you can put your website address or logo on the bottom of it. This way when it's shared, your website/brand doesn't get lost in the process!

Hope that helps a bit!

---------- Post Merged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Oh ya! Forgot to mention. My mom is an accountant and created spreadsheets for people to track mileage and work expenses etc. during the year. They can be quick to create, and you can send out reminders to people "It's the end of the month! Have you tallied up your work travel mileage this month? Remember, you can write this off at the end of the year if you use your car to get to work, or for business"
    Hurricane K8
    Leavens Auto Group (London, Orillia, Chatham - Ontario,Canada)

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree.

How many friends requests do you sen ? How often? I want to be below the radar?
    I send 3 to 5 a day to friends of people I know with about 20 mutual friends. I live in a town of 20K. I am happy with one new friend a day acceptance.

Another question
    Can I share my posts locals besides my groups and my friends? Is this possible without an ad ?.
    Chris