More threads by Laustin1878

Reaction score
Anyone offering Google Business View as a service? How is it working for you? I looked at it when it first came out and wasn't interested. Searching through their database, there isn't much in the way of competition. I have not looked into the requirements lately but seeking opinions and views on it and if you think it's worth it.

Hi Luke,

2 of our Pro members are in the program and active. I'm sure some other regular members are too.

I'll PM them and see if they can weigh in.

HI Laustin,

The value in terms of it being "worth it" is definitely based on who you get as a photographer and what they are going to do for you. At the root of the service it's a virtual tour for your brick and mortar business. It's a great way to show off the inside of your business all day, every day. I'm sure you will spend more money on 90% of your other marketing efforts this year.

And as far as database and competition... I'm thinking you are referring to the photogs in the list.. Google chooses who becomes a photographer and they also determine how many photographers are needed based on demographics for the particular city.

I've been a G Trusted Photographer since the beginning, it's fun and I've met a lot of great new people.

Hey Louis, thanks so much for weighing in.

I may be wrong but I 'thought' Luke was asking as a consultant?
Is it worth it to get certified? Is is worth it to offer the service???

Am I right Luke? Your question was fairly generic.
Or were you asking in terms of whether it's worth if for clients to do it for their business?

Hey Louis, thanks so much for weighing in.

I may be wrong but I 'thought' Luke was asking as a consultant?
Is it worth it to get certified? Is is worth it to offer the service???

Am I right Luke? Your question was fairly generic.
Or were you asking in terms of whether it's worth if for clients to do it for their business?

Oh I see, sorry.

Yeah, Business View is like any other business opportunity. What you put into it .. is what you get out.
In early 2013, I was able to double the income I was receiving from a really nice office job. So I decided to do Business View full time. It was exactly what I was looking for because I am now able to spend time with my son and see him grow up. I make my own hours and make my own decisions as to who I work with. There's a high turn over rate from my understanding because it's like 80% sales oriented.

I hope this helps.

We have two of our team members that are now Google Trusted Photographers and that side of the business is growing super fast.

They are initially "one-off" sales, similar to just selling a website, however they are GREAT for generating leads for our other marketing services (local seo...etc).

It seems that local businesses are more open to hear about Google Business View upfront than "hey, do you want seo services" that the get pitched 10 times a day.
Then we throw in the "Oh, by the way, we also do all this..." and so far so good.

Of course, like anything, you have to work it to make it work. If you are not out "pounding the pavement" business owners won't just show up looking for Business View everyday.

Hope that helps...

Sorry for the delay. For some reason, I'm not getting notified when my posts are updated.

Yes, I was inquiring about offering this as a service. I wanted to know if you were generating any business for this service. I like that it can be an ice breaker and sometimes, one-off's are not a bad thing. Get in, do your thing, get out and leave a card if they need additional services.

I like that it gives a business another way to be found and having Google's blessing probably doesn't hurt. I still have to look further into it but thought it may be helpful to start a discussion about it here.

Thanks for the feedback!

Curious which businesses request/seek out Google Business View these days?

I'd guess fancier dental offices/restaurants/clubs/places of interest.

You wouldn't want to see the inside of our Septic guy's office. :D

You wouldn't want to see the inside of our Septic guy's office. :D
I imagine that is not a pretty sight...lol

I can see spas, hotels, catering venues, apartments to name a few but that is a good question. Who is actually using this type of service and how have these people benefited from having a 360 view of the inside of their business?

I was looking at it from the perspective of adding another avenue for my services to be found. I would expect it to be somewhat profitable but not break the bank. I have thought of it as a way to get in the door, provide a finished product and hopefully as a way to sell additional services.

My videographer/photographer just got accepted into the Google Trusted Photographer program. So I'm bumping this thread which seemed to die off a few months ago.

Anybody have any additional thoughts to share on how to best take advantage of this program?

Thanks.

I've read once about businesses using it for social media contests. e.g. place random items around before the shoot or ask people to "find the yellow thing".

Hi Lloyd,

I know you are talking more the business end of how to leverage this and I know we covered this in the Red Hat optimization part of training, but wanted to be sure you saw this post which has tons of Business View resources and especially creative ways to use the medium for clients.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local-important/20025-dynamic-google-business-view-get-your-creative.html">DYNAMIC! Google Business View: Get your Creative Juices AND Your Traffic Flowing!</a>

And here is the Business View hashtag with more: <a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/tags/businessview.html">#businessview</a>

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom