More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Was just reading the following article about Facebook growth being up 1% for the month
and Google+ usage being up 43%.

Wonder if all the Place Pages being converted automatically to G+ Local pages thereby forcing businesses to use + had anything to do with it?

Wonder if on top of that, all the businesses pushing customers to join G+ so they can leave a review had anything to do with it?

For A Ghost Town, Google+ Sure Grew A Lot Last Month

The words “Google+” and “ghost town” are often found in the same sentence, but new data from Compete appears to indicate that, at least in the U.S., Google’s social destination is growing nicely in unique monthly visitors.

In June, the number was nearly 32 million, up 43.08% month-over-month.

What do you think?

Linda, I saw this article earlier today and also though that G's forcing the issue to sign up for Local most definitely would have had an impact.

Along the those same lines, my concern now is that those who may have been on the fence to leave a review for a local business will now choose not to because of the fear factor G instills when signing up for an account... that the entire world will now be watching the reviewer's every move should they sign up with Google.

I think the # of people who have a profile is irrelevant. The reason why Facebook is still so powerful is because people spend HOURS on it each day. I'm sure that this migration and review change has forced a lot of people to sign up for G+ but I'm curious to see if the average time spent on G+ by these users is anything significant. Most of my clients who have been soliciting reviews have been having success but I doubt their customers are actually using G+, they're just signing up, leaving a review and then vanishing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom