More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Philip Rozek just published an update to his awesomely popular 2012 post, "How to Pimp Your Local Google+ Page" over at the Whitespark blog.

<a href="http://www.whitespark.ca/blog/post/34-how-to-pimp-your-local-google-page">How to Pimp Your Local Google+ Page</a>

If you hustle, you can be the only one in your 'hood with a pimped Google page that makes mad bank.

You may remember the post I wrote over 2 years ago, How to Pimp Your Google Places Listing. That's old-school. Less than 4 months after I wrote it, Google retired the old Places pages. Much else has changed in the last couple of years - with the most-recent big change being the ?My Business? rollout.

In that time, I've put together a whole new bag of tricks for pimping a Google page...

These tips should still apply even if local Google+ / Google Places pages get a new name a month from now. It's possible. Google's ?local? department has gone through more name-changes than Larry King has gone through wives.

Given that the dust seems to have settled for a few minutes on the new types of Google pages, I can finally give you my suggestions for how to pimp yours.

Head over to check it out.

Great info Phil and love the images!

I think I will make a "Pimp Tips" checklist:cool:

I didn't know removing tabs was possible (#22) but a great suggestion for, like you said, funneling that attention to the other tabs.

Great post, Phil!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom