More threads by Goku770

Reaction score
Im looking to run two businesses at the address.
Different categories
Different Phone Numbers
Different Website
Different Business Name
Also I heard you can do suite A and suite B to make the address a little different. My businesses are out of my house, so would adding suites be ok?

I dont really want to do a virtual address. Has anybody done this before?

Goku770-

I think the first question is do customers go to your house? If so, is there a sign out front to designate it a business?

If both of those are true for both businesses, you should be able to put both businesses up. I think there's always a chance of merging.

Otherwise, I'd be more worried about meeting the guidelines. Maybe a service area might be more appropriate?

There's a good Moz post here.

Im looking to run two businesses at the address.
Different categories
Different Phone Numbers
Different Website
Different Business Name
Also I heard you can do suite A and suite B to make the address a little different. My businesses are out of my house, so would adding suites be ok?

I dont really want to do a virtual address. Has anybody done this before?

Pretty good thread about this here but I'm fairly certain if you do not serve customers at your location, you should be hiding your address.

Yes doing settings right so Google hides address is mandatory for home businesses.

Even IF you say you accept customers at your location it's not enough. Other criteria would need to be met to be able to show your address on a home business and then you are still at risk for problems. A Google moderator looking at street view can't tell that this home business sees customers there and this other home business does not. They assume neither does and assume they are out on site seeing customers and no one is home for walk in traffic.

And no should not make up fake suite #s. Most homes don't have a suite # and even in an office setting I don't advise making up an extra fake suite #.

And last but not least you may not even be able to have a 2nd listing. Does not matter how many names, #s and sites you have it's one business per location and home businesses and service area businesses are under scrutiny for skirting this guideline.

What specific industry is each business in?
And I assume you own both and are the service provider for both?

Small business scenarios don't always jive with Google but in part it's because the spammers have ruined it for honest business people.

A few months ago we had trouble verifying two totally separate and independent businesses at the same address - one sold mattresses, the other one offered moving services. There is a business building at the address and there are legitimate suite#s in the addresses, along with different phone numbers, websites, company names, etc.

We managed to verify the one that sold mattresses by phone, but when the postcard for the second business arrived and they entered the PIN, a message showed up saying there's already a duplicate listing in their database.

Since then we have been unable to verify any two businesses in the same building, despite having different suite#, phone numbers, company names, business categories, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how we can fix this? And what about the large business buildings in Manhattan for example? How does one verify a business there? :confused:

Ive done this and know people who have

here is what I did and worked for me. The OTHERS just added the Google verification and listing didn't stick

I would start out with CITATIONS 1st for each business

then do about 5 youtube videos with the name of business and PHONE# & ADDRESS in TITLE for EACH business

The last thing to do the the GOOGLE CARD VERIFICATION. You should also wait about 3 weeks after your CITATIONS are LIVE to do the verification.

And yes must HIDE address

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom